Chapter 13: Save the Date

After school, Kevon raced up to her bedroom and sat on her newly cleaned white duvet cover with her phone. Her mind took her back to the day she had first seen Scott and she blushed to herself. Maybe Scott was the one for her after all, she decided to take a chance on him.

Retrieving the note from her backpack, she typed his number into her phone and pressed "call".

Her heart raced as she waited for him to pick up the phone. Finally, after what seemed like 500 years, his warm voice answered.

"Hello?" He asked.

Kevon took a breath.

"Hey Scott, it's Kevon." She said in her I'm-more-mature-than-my-age-voice.

"Kevon! I've been expecting a call from you...you got my note I guess." Scott chuckled.

"Yes I did, I appreciated the old school gesture." Kevon said coyly.

Scott laughed. "Thought you would," he paused, "I guess it's a yes to our date then?"

Kevon laughed.

"I guess so, sure!" She beamed.

"Dope, I'll pick you up at 7" Scott replied.

Kevon agreed and gave him her address before hanging up.

She did a little dance around her room and ran into her closet. What would she wear? Scott was like 2 years older than her! She had to dress to impress, so she went to IG for style inspo. Clicking on Bella Hadid's account, she took a look through but ultimately decided her taste was a bit too "homegirl" for her liking, and she turned to a style inspo account instead. Smiling, she clicked on a picture. She was certain this was the perfect outfit!

Meanwhile, Scarlet sat in her mansion's all marble kitchen painting her nails red. After Kevon's little scene in Starbucks, she had been completely avoiding the grade niners at all costs.

She couldn't believe that she had allowed herself to become so disgustingly envious of a 14 year old! She instead turned to her real friends in the 10th-12th grade range.

They had better gossip to talk about anyways, and they could drive too!

Just then, Scarlet's older brother walked into the kitchen with a big stupid smile on his face.

"What are you smiling about?" She asked him.

"Nothing, just that I have a date tonight." He replied smugly.

Scarlet cringed.

"Ew gross, who would go out with you?" She paused. "Is it that Emily girl who rejected you last month because she's moving away in 2 years?"

Her brother rolled his eyes.

"Just a cool girl I met a while back." He said, opening the fridge.

"Well Scott, I hope you don't make a fool of yourself again, you know...so I don't have to hear about it at school."

Scott rolled his eyes again.

"Whatever, see you later." He said, grabbing a gatorade out of the fridge and leaving the room.

Scarlet shook her head. She felt sorry for whatever poor girl had to go out with him.

Just then, her phone dinged like a thousand times!

She picked it up, what social thing did she miss out on this time?

But to her dismay, when she unlocked her phone, she found the video of her and Mike going viral on twitter under a fake account!!

"WHAT THE HELL!!!!" She screamed, throwing her phone across the room. Kevon had really hit a nerve this time, and she wouldn't let her get away with it either.