12: 十二

SEOKSOO + JUNHAO

"You didn't touch my room right?" Chan questions for the third time as they walk back home, Seokmin lets out a sigh and replies with a small no as he's repeated himself over and over again, "okay, just making sure."

"I thought it was clear the first time you asked Chan," Joshua comments, but the younger boy only shrugs his shoulders, replying to his words shortly,

"Well, sometimes extra confirmation is good."

"If this makes you feel better, everything is basically the same since the day you went missing. Nothing has been changed, our home is still the same old place it is." Seokmin tells, Chans skips beside his brother and nods from the information given. "I'm unsure if mom and dad are home, you know they're still trying to get their bakery opened so they're sometimes gone without telling me."

"Oh yeah, does mom still bake a lot?"

"Duh, where do you think Seungkwan got all those desserts from?" The taller brunette says with a laugh, Chan lips purse as he was unaware that those treats were from his own mother. He felt like a failure of a son for not recognizing them. "she's learning how to make drinks now since 'variety is key when opening up a shop'." Seokmin uses quotation marks to refer to his mother's words.

"Wow, it seems as if I missed a lot." Chan's head drops as he stares at the sidewalk's pavement.

"You have been gone for about seven hundred and thirty or more days," Joshua says from behind, "you were bound to miss some things."

"How were you able to do that without a calculator!" Seokmin shouts, fascinated by the older boy's quick math. He himself was trying to do the problem but failed as he got some numbers jumbled up in his head. " That's so cool, I wish I was able to do arithmetic math. I know this kid who can multiply three-digit numbers by three-digit numbers without any materials."

Joshua shrugs his shoulders, unsure of how to reply to the compliment. "Just practice..."

"Some of us don't have time to practice hyung, they're busy students drowning in work and extracurriculars." Chan reminds, but the bluenette looks away as he didn't want to argue. "plus, it's too time consuming."

It doesn't take long for the conversation to die out, Joshua still was iffy about the idea of Chan and he tagging along with a human. They were hidden for a reason, if there weren't problems with their kind the seven of them would definitely be doing better things than holing themselves up in an abandoned house. As they take a sharp turn towards one of the houses that line within the neighborhood, Chan skips towards the front door as he was familiar with their destination. He looked around the front, squatting down he tugs the welcoming mat up and finds his spare key still hidden. "It hasn't been moved?" Chan questions with sparkling eyes, surprised to see the piece of brass in its designated place.

"Nobody touched it." Seokmin said with a smile. "stand at the side first, I'll check if mom and dad are here." The brunette grabs his lanyard from his pocket and inserts the key into the slot, turning it sharply and opening the door once granted entry - he calls out for his parents. Receiving silence, he nods, "Alright, we're clear. Their car isn't here so I'm assuming they went out for business."

Chan doesn't hesitate to enter his home and dashes past Seokmin with pure eagerness. Joshua waits for Seokmin to enter first, "Go ahead." The bluenette gestures, using a hand to signal the younger to go inside.

Seokmin snorts, "How sweet."

"Shut up."

After the three boys are inside, Seokmin secures the front door and throws his stuff next to the side of the couch. They all kick off their shoes, Chan was too busy exploring as if the building was foreign to the eye - which definitely wasn't the case. "I've never seen Chan this excited before," Joshua mumbles, watching the silver-haired boy run ahead like a child experiencing a sugar rush. "I like it."