R O U N D - 4

"Let the game begin

"Let the game begin." Prince Theodore smiled.

Ella gave herself a little toast inside. The corner of her lips tugged upwards as she wiped the single tear that settled on her cheek with her shoulder. She was rejoicing, and why wouldn't she?

Everything was going exactly as she planned.

If Ella wanted, she could have bashed the king's men with her bare hands, a sword wouldn't be necessary, but she was smart enough to know that she was out-numbered and also wise enough to know that King Ernest's men laying lifelessly on the ground would become his newest pet peeve. Her combat skills wouldn't have gotten Ella anything other than her headless figure.

Of course, squeezing teardrops from her eyes was the hardest, especially when she felt no remorse. Not from the royals.

Never from the royals.

Ella had never allowed, not even her closest friends, to barge within the fortress she had built around her heart, she knew she was all alone in this heedless and menacing world as she did not have the amour-of- a father to protect her from all her vulnerabilities nor an affectionate mother, not anymore, to tend to her stinging wounds.

Thus, wearing her fragile heart on her sleeve could be the beginning of Ella's journey to doom.

The Royals, on the other hand, Ella began to loathe with every fleeting second. She never let her dearest mates, make her shred her precious tears in such a way, who on this motherland were the Royals, to achieve that privilege?

Ella's ears throbbed from the screeching sound that Prince Theodore's sword made as he dragged it along the stairs and onto the marbled surface. His sword left a deep, distinct line on the floor that followed him as he advanced forward. Ella knew what he was trying to pull. It was a demonstration of power and mightiness.

With the way his fur-coated lavish cloak mopped the ground as he stepped closer and closer to Ella and the way his large figure refused to acknowledge any human who crossed paths with him, Ella knew her bad books were going to have a cocky addition.

When he stuck out right in front of Ella with a distance of no more than seven feet she could notice his feline features. His round-doe like eyes that sparkled like stars in the night sky. His large and tall nose that complimented his entire face breathtaking and a toothy-grin that resembled that of a bunny.

Ella mentally gagged to the sight of his glimmering attire, beneath all that glitter he was probably as average looking as any commoner she had ever met, she persuaded herself. She could hear the blaring pace of the guard's heel who sprinted towards the Prince to fetch the flashy jacket that he took off.

And boy was Ella wrong.

Ella's eyes widened as she attempted to absorb the sight of the bulky man that stood in her view. No, he didn't look like any commoner, he was beyond anyone she had ever witnessed. He was mesmerizing even when he wasn't pounded under the heavy pile of shimmering fabrics.