R O U N D - 9

For a moment here, Ella thought that the whole world around her had gone still

Aside from the harsh, thumping of her heart against her chest and the racket of her uneven warm breathes, it was eerily quiet.

Her eyes were unmoving, purely focused on the tall, muscular figure hovering above her.

Prince Theodore, on the other hand, had his knee placed on the red cushioned chair Ella was seated upon. An evident smirk manifested on his sharp, charming face.

His pale hand was halted in motion, upholding her lean ring finger in the air.

He would have inclined further though, to consume Ella's alluring features much closely.

That is if a peculiar looking, palm-sized nail wasn't aimed directly at his stomach. It's pointy corner jarred to his skin roughly, sending a feeling of discomfort down his spine. He would have laughed and shoved the weapon away if the attacker wasn't the woman he fancied with so much intensity.

A part of him was interested to find out where it would all lead to, she was stubborn, he knew that. But did she really had enough guts to injure a royalty with a blood-thirsty reputation, aside from a formal tournament?

Ella's slender hand glistened with sweat, her grip around the nail tightened by each passing second. It was the same nail she had retrieved from this room and stuffed in her skirt's pocket. She could only be glad, with her foot badly bruised and her body exhausted from this never-ending night, this metallic tool was her only form of defense.

"Careful there, Prince Theodore. This might leave an ugly scar."

She poked the nail further in his body and folded the corner of her mouth into a taunting smile.

"Oh don't call me Prince Theodore, it sounds so formal. As if you and I-"

"belong from different classes that are heavens apart and it reminds you of your position as a prince and mine as a commoner, therefore, you can't help but wish to end this little tease-fest."

Ella cut Prince Theodore midway, her head tilted sideways with her brow cocked up.

"You don't ever let me complete my sentences." Prince Theodore slightly grinned, his arm spanned the wooden frame of the chair behind Ella's head as he pushed his stomach further into the nail and stared at Ella with a pretend-pout face.

"What about now? will you be willing to hear me out if I bleed for you?"

Ella pushed herself deeper into the chair, her lips parted in a gasp, the strands of her hair cascaded in front of her eyes as her hand jerked the instrument back, eliminating its contact with his well-built torso.

No, she wasn't going to stab him with a nail.

No, she wasn't going to stab anybody with a nail.