R O U N D - 8

"You thought you could limp away from me?"

Limp.

Ella was limping.

She was limping when she scurried up the stairs after kicking Prince Theodore in the stomach. She was limping when she locked herself in a room and snooped around looking for some weapon to defend herself with and she was limping when she stomped on Prince Emmett's foot, so hard that he stumbled and fell.

But why hadn't she noticed the blue-ish purple blemish that guided around her ankle?

How could she sprint around and boot with a foot that now, ached like a large rock crushing it to pulp time and again?

Maybe this was a caution.

A warning from the heavens that she had finally gone bananas.

Everything surrounding her was uncanny, she had schemed her entire plan into action to meet the king, to hunt for the answers she had long been in search of. But instead, her dense self had only succeeded in hooking her hair in another Empire's crown prince's button and her heart on his younger brother.

By all means, she hadn't forgotten her newly formed royal nemesis, Princess Irene. Out of everyone, she was the most grinding.

"And whose fault do you think that is? If you hadn't tossed me upon your shoulder like a rag doll, I wouldn't have twisted my ankle after hopping off you."

Ella threw a stabbing glare at Prince Theodore who had his one hand wrapped around her waist and the other carrying her silver pair of heels.

She had decided to spare Prince Theodore's former animalistic behavior since he now helped her to his room like a decent human being and not a life-less dummy he could hoist or hurl whenever he wanted. He moved with Ella's arm swung around his light-toned neck, his musky scent lingering on her skin and her sprained foot resting on top of his brass-buckled, brown leather shoe.

"How did you do it?" Ella asked tilting her head, her brown curls slipping past her shoulder and descending her waist, hovering over Prince Theodore's creamy-white fingers.

"What?" Prince Theodore responded as he balanced Ella's slender figure that almost leaned upon his.

"How on earth did your dart, pierce through my small piece of earing among the hundreds that were displayed on the wall?"

Ella questioned again, her mouth hanging open and her hooded eyes scanning his rounder ones.

Prince Theodore chuckled as he paused in his track, he too cocked his head towards her, their noses less than a meter apart and his muscular arm further tugging Ella into him.

"When the world wants two lovers to be one, it would make anything, even something as small as your earring, the cupid with its love-blooming arrow."