Chapter 10: Decode

Dream's POV

I felt the warm sunlight embrace my features, stirring me awake. I looked out the window and saw the clear blue sky stretching across the horizon and over the island.

I looked over to the empty space beside me. Huh, was that just a dream? Don't tell me it was.

If everything was a dream, I would scream. Wow, that rhymed.

I glanced over to the nightstand, empty containers of ice cream nowhere to be seen. Only a plate of pancakes was there, filling the suite with its homey aroma.

That chocolate fragrance I smelled last night, or if it even was last night, felt so real. Now, it's just gone, the pancake aroma replacing it.

I sloppily walked towards the nightstand, my legs still half asleep. A note was beside the plate.

I picked it up and read it.

"Hey, Dream the dreamer. You sleep very heavily. I woke up and made breakfast for you all. These pancakes are my recipe. Of course, with love. Hope you'll love them, and I know you will."

A smile crept onto my face. It really wasn't a dream. I sighed in relief.

"Last night was so fun. Went much better than I expected it to be. I expected you to just brood all night but I actually managed to make you smile, huh?"

I chuckled at this. You really did.

I stared at the pancakes. Fluffy and golden brown, just how I like it. I took a bite from one pancake and I felt like I almost melted. The way the maple syrup just melted on my tongue with the fluffiness, sweetness and the savoriness of the pancakes.

I kinda have a thing for George's cooking now.

"I was so distracted by the fun we had. And the company too. That I forgot to show you what I found. I found the fifth news clipping and some sort of code. Meet me at the stables, Sapnap and I are waiting for you. Incase if you don't know where it is, when you reach the station, there is another pathway that will lead you to the stables. Don't tell Bad!

-George"

He found the fifth news clipping. I hope it finally connects these scattered dots. And a code? I wonder what it could be for.

Come to think of it, this vacation just became a real life manhunt. But we aren't speedrunning to beat Minecraft, but speedrunning to get the hell out of here.

Then the hunter's just out there, just..watching us. I don't know where he might be. But I'm sure he's still in the island. He might be at the forest. At the station. At the resort. At the beach. Or even just hiding in the hotel.

It's like Minecraft Hardcore mode but you play with your life on the line. Sounds fun. But it's clearly not. I don't even know if I would be able to spectate or not.

They're at the stables. I know Sapnap's crazy about horses, he never met one in real life. I'm glad he'll finally get to see one. Well, not to be pessimistic, but let's just hope the horses didn't die from hunger. Who'd feed them if no one's in the island? Maybe that murder if he still had the heart.

I tucked the note into my green hoodie's pocket and I ate the rest of the pancakes.

I took a quick shower and slipped into my green hoodie, a green shirt underneath. I'm feeling pretty green today. If I had green pants, I would probably blend in with my suite.

I had no green pants so I just put on some jeans and casually slipped into my slides.

"Sergio, I'm going out. The crackers are in there." I said, pointing towards a box of crackers near his little bird house. "Guard the clues. If anyone does intrude, don't be afraid to shout your lungs out."