Be Spontaneous

When you get to the diner you see your friend sitting in the corner booth. You walk to the table to and slide into the booth across from her.
"Hey pretty lady!" You say as she looks up from her phone.
"Baby!" She says putting her phone down.
You guys' friendship is unique, you've been best friends since grade school and practically do everything together. She was there for you when Cam got deployed and your moms health started to decline. You wouldn't say she replaced Cam but she's the girl version of him and it brings you comfort knowing you have somebody to turn to when needed.
"So what's up?" You ask her as your chocolate milkshake gets set in front of you.
"Picture this- you-  me- apartment- LA!" She says smiling ear to ear.
"Lex, you're crazy!"
"No I'm not! We could totally do it! I'm not saying we have to go in the next week! But within the year. It'll be nice." She says to you.
"But, my mom, and job, and what about when Cam comes home?"
"Okay your mom I understand, but I'm sure she would understand. And you can always come home to visit! You can get a job out there. And Cam would want you to do this!" She says rolling her eyes and laughing.
"I don't know Lex, to pack up and move my whole life thousands of miles away? That's scary." You say taking another sip of your milkshake.
"Okay, okay, just please think about it. You have a whole year to think on it! But I really don't want to go without you! You're my bestie!" She says poking her lip out and taking a drink of her shake.
"I'll think about it. Give me a couple months at least. And don't hound me about it." You tell her laughing. When Lex has her mind set to something she always goes through with it, and it's hard to keep her off your back if the plan includes you.
"Okay fine, I won't pester you about it. But, you need to be more spontaneous in your life!" She says rolling her eyes.
"Hey I went and got a tattoo! That's spontaneous!" You say pulling your sleeve up.
"It's the tiniest little thing you can barley see it!" She says grabbing your arm and examining the little heart you got put on wrist.
"Oh shut up!" You say pulling your hand away and pulling your sleeve back down.
"Like I said, let me think about it for a bit. That's a big decision to make. And that's way more spontaneous than getting a tattoo." You says to Lex laughing.
"Alright fine, I'll take it." She says laughing and taking another drink of her shake.

She asks you how your mom is doing since she hasn't been to see her in a while so you fill her in on what the doctors had told you at her last appointment, and told her you'd let her know how the appointment tomorrow goes.

You finish your lunch and part ways with Lex, when you get home you see an ambulance in the driveway and your heart drops.