Coffee Date

The next morning when you wake up Lex had made her way into your bed. You roll over and hit her accidentally.
"Woah." You say realizing she's right next to you.
"Morning sunshine." She says half asleep still.
You laugh at her. "You look rough!"
"You look- Wait-" she says throwing herself upward.
"Why don't you look rough? You look- you're glowing." She says wiping her eyes.
"Well maybe because I didn't get sloshed last night like you did." You laugh and push her back down.

Your phone starts to ring,

Incoming call: Dayne

Lex sees the name on your phone and screams.
"WHAT?! SOLIDER BOY?!" She yells.
"Yes." You laugh. "Now quiet." You tell her as you swipe to answer the call.

"Hello."
"Hey (your name), Uhh- I was wondering if maybe you'd want to get some coffee?" Daynes voice is soft and soothing.
"Uhh, now?" You question.
"No, no- Well, yeah now." He lets out a chuckle.
You sit quiet for a moment before answering. "Yeah, I'd love to."
"Sweet, awesome. Uh- Meet at the cafe on 8th in 20?" He says.
"I'll be there."
You hang up the phone and smile.

"What in the actual-" Lex yells into a pillow.
"I'll explain it all when I get home, I promise! But I have to go." You say slightly poking your lip out.
"Go! Go! Get your mans girl!" Lex says pushing you off the bed.

When you get to the coffee shop Dayne is waiting outside for you.
"I think you look better after a night out than you do when you're at the club." He says smiling.
"Well good morning to you too." You tell him as you walk up to him.
You guys stand in front of each other for a few minutes before anybody moves.
"I'm sorry." He says before he grabs you and pulls you into his chest.
Feelings his arms wrap around you, hearing the rhythm of his beating heart pick up in pace when you lay your head onto him, the smell of his cologne fills your nostrils, it all comes together and puts you into a euphoric state of mind.
He holds you a little longer end then releases you.
You look him in the eyes and wait for his move.
"I'm sorry, I just, I feel like I've known you forever, and I've missed hearing from you, and meeting you is only something I have dreamed of, and it actually happened, and I'm just- I am so happy." He says.
"Don't be sorry, it's a dream come true. Really."

You guys go inside, get some coffee and walk back out. You walk the strip and he eventually grabs your hand. Everything seems so natural with him, like you've been together for years. He grabs your hand and it feels electrifying, but, normal. It's a weird but good feeling being with him.

You guys walk, and talk, mostly about the time between your last letter and now. How you've been handling the death of your mom, how things have been going since moving to LA, everything. You ask him now the rest of his deployment was and why he came to LA with his friends.
"Well, we all live together in a creator house about 20 minutes from the city."
"A creator house?" You ask him letting a giggle slip out.
"Yeah for TikTok."
"Wait?!" You screech.
"Don't laugh, it's a fun way to let go, and be yourself, but it also makes you use your creativity depending on how far you go into it."
"I can't believe that, you're such a nerd."
"Oh is that so?" He says stepping in front of you, stopping you in your tracks.
"It is so." You say smiling up at him.

He cups your neck in his hands and leans forward, his eyes are moving from yours to your lips. He sets his lips quickly. Looks back to your eyes, and places his lips to yours. The kiss is long, waited for, wanted, passionate.
When you pull your lips away from his you both are breathing heavy. The desire in his eyes tells you he wants more. You hail a cab and go back to your apartment.

You push through the door Dayne grabbing at your hips, stumbling over his own two feet, he chases you down the hall peeling his shirt off in the process, you're doing the same when his lips lock back to yours. You guys fall to the bed and he pulls the covers over you both as he climbs on top of you-.