Out Of A Slump

The few days after your confession were the hardest. Every time you would text or call Dayne he wouldn't answer. Each time you could feel your heart shatter into more pieces. Lex has started to worry, you've barely left your room and you're on the verge of getting fired from work.
You decide to clean your room since it's disgusting and filled with water bottles, dirty clothes, and wrappers. While cleaning you find the box Dayne threw at you that day. You pick it up and hesitate to open it. You sit on your bed and open it slowly.
Inside these is a folded up note from Dayne

"It all started with a letter."

The note read. When you look back at the box there's a beautiful, sparkling ring inside. You take the ring out of the box to examine it more. It's not an engagement ring, but looks more like a promise ring. There's small diamonds surrounding an opal on a silver colored band. As you examine the ring closer you see something on the inside of the band.

D&(your initial)

The letters are small but you still see what they say. Your eyes fill with tears and you can't help but sob. He was going to give this to you and you had to make a mistake. But that's what it was. A mistake.

You decide to call Cam.

"Hey butthead." He says after 3 rings.
"Hey." You say.
"What's wrong?"
"It's Dayne- I told him what happened when I was home and now he's not talking to me, I feel so lost and empty without him. Bubba, what do I do?" You say to him.
"Well, if you want my honest opinion-"
"Of course I want your honest opinion, I wouldn't have called you if I wanted to just be made to  feel better!" You say cutting him off.
"Okay! Okay! Chill!" He says laughing.
"I think, you need to give him some time, that's a lot to take in. We're best friends, him and I got close while being deployed. He was betrayed by two people he was close to. That's a lot for somebody." He says.
"I guess you're right. But how long?" You ask.
"Uh-"
You hear another voice coming through the phone.
"Cam, is he there with you?" You ask.
"No!" He half yells. You know that tone on him, he's lying.
"You're lying. He's there. He came to see you!?" You exclaim.
"(Your name), he needed to talk. He called me and booked a flight out here. He wanted to hear what I had to say and didn't want to do it over the phone. Please calm down. Don't get mad." Cameron explains.
"I'm not mad, I just- why would you tell me?" You ask him.
"It's not my business to tell. Just- Give him time okay? He will talk when he's ready." Cameron says before hanging up the phone.

This whole time Dayne has been with Cameron. He left LA. You really did a number if he left LA. You feel relived to know he's safe, and okay. But feel worse knowing that he not only had to hear what happened from you, but from his friend as well.
You lay on your back and rub your face a few times. You decide to take the advice and let him have his time. You proceed to clean your bedroom, and when you finished in there you moved to the rest of the apartment.