The Confession

You've been home for a couple of days and the only thing you can think about is how to tell Dayne what happened between you and Cam. He knows something is up. He keeps asking if you're okay and you can feel yourself distancing from him. You had asked Lex what you should do and she told you to just be honest with Dayne. So you're left with deciding when you should tell him.

You and Lex are eating lunch at the table when Dayne comes through the door.
"Hello!" He says cheerfully sitting himself next to you after kissing your cheek.
"Hey Dayne!" Lex says smiling at him.
"Hi." You say.
He shakes his head a bit and goes on with his happy mood.
"So, I was thinking beach day today?" He asks you and Lex.
"I'm down!" Lex says putting her plate into the sink.
"Uh, sure." You say playing with your food.
"Baby what's wrong?" Dayne asks you grabbing your hand.
"I-" your nerves begin to get to you.
"You okay?" He asks again.
"I need to talk to you- Privately." You say to him.
"O-Okay. Let's go. Let's talk." He says standing up. The look of worry on his face breaks your heart. You know what telling him will do to you guys.

You shut your bedroom door and sit on your bed next to Dayne.

"What's up baby? Is everything alright?" He says sweetly.
"I'm sorry." Are the first words out of your mouth.
He laughs a little. "For what?"

You tell him what happened when you were home, how you felt about Cam, and what you had told him after everything happened.

"You- You-" the way he's stammering over his words you know he's hurt, that he's trying to process what you just told him.

"Dayne I'm so sorry I-" you stop your sentence when you go to touch him and he flinches away from you and stand up.

"Don't touch me." He says clenching his jaw. You can see the tears threatening to leave his eyes.
"How could you?" He asks.

"I- I didn't mean for it to happen." You tell him.

"But you let it happen! You let him kiss you and feel you!" He starts to raise his voice and you can't stop the tears forming in your eyes.

"I'm sorry." You say with a cracking voice.

"No. You don't get to say sorry. I NEVER expected you to do this to me. I thought you were different." He says letting a tear or two fall.

"He's my best friend! I didn't know he-"

"The hell you didn't! Girls know that type of thing! They always do!" He yells.

"No, not always." You whisper.

"So you're telling me you didn't know how he felt about you? You had no idea?" He asks voice still loud.

"No, I didn't. Not until we were together in the treehouse." He says putting your head down.

He rubs his hand over his face and leaves it on his mouth for a moment before speaking again.
"I'm sorry but, I can't be with you. Not right now."

"Dayne, please." You plead.

"No (your name), I love you, I have fallen in love with you and I was going to tell you today. I got this for you-" he throws a small box on the bed next to you.
"But I guess it's not needed anymore." Dayne walks out the door.

"Dayne. Dayne stop! Please!" You're yelling down the hall trying to stop him from walking out of the apartment completely.

You're too late. When you hit the end of the hall way the door slams shut. Lex is standing in the kitchen wide eyed knowing what just happened. You turn around and run back to your room. You slam the door behind you and burry your face in your pillow.
You try to call Dayne but he sends you right to voicemail. You call him again, and again. Every time you go to voicemail.
You lay your head back down and cry yourself to sleep.