THREE

♚♚♚

Every hour they printed eight million euros. It was a brilliant sight to Hanoi, who had never seen so much money before in his life. He paced around the factory keeping watch over the workers.

Denver and Viena on the other hand, were tasked with watching the hostages sleep in the museum. They enjoyed each other's company. The two got along, although not at first. When they first met, Denver was critical of having the three kids in the gang, especially Viena because she was the youngest. However, that started to change when Viena went out for a smoke one night and found Denver smoking too.

Flashback

"You're up late." Viena called, startling the man a few feet ahead of her.

"Joder, Viena. You scared me."  He said turning around. "You can't just go around sneaking up on people like that."

Viena rolled her eyes then smirked. She pulled out her own cigarette and lit it while staring at Denver. "Do you get tired of it?" She asked.

"Tired of what?"

"Trying to hate me."

He scoffed. "I don't hate you." She noticed how he looked down to the ground with a guilty expression.

"Hmm."

Suddenly her abdomen ignited in pain. Sometimes, even after a month, her stomach still gave her short bursts of pain. She hissed and gripped her stomach.

"Are you okay?" Denver unexpectedly rushed to her side.

"Sí, I'm okay." She grimaced. "Sometimes my body still hurts."

Viena sat on the ground for a moment before laying on her back. Denver joined her, and his action surprised the both of them. "You can tell me what happened."

"You know we can't do that." She said. "No personal questions, remember."

Denver rolled his eyes. "Well, that's a load of shit."

"Yeah, yeah. I guess you're right." She sighed, feeling the pain start to fade. "The day before we came here, I almost died. I probably would have if the Professor didn't find me. That's why I had all the bruises and cuts."

"En serio?"

"Sí. My family died. My mother, my father, and my younger twin brothers." She whispered. "They were only eight."

"How did it happen?" He asked.

Viena turned her head to look at him. "It's very complicated."

"It's okay, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." She nodded in response to his statement.

The finished their cigarettes in silence before Viena stood up and started walking toward the house.

She turned around and said one more thing. "I'm much more dangerous than you think, Denver." The man sat up and stared at her curiously. "Remember that." And with that she turned back around and went back inside.