NINETEEN

♚♚♚

With Berlín back in charge, there was a sense of normalcy in the bank. At least, that's what Viena thought. Of course, she liked having Nairobi in charge, but, Berlín was always meant to lead them. That was always the plan, and Viena was one to stick to plans. 

But what they didn't know, was that the Professor was being held hostage by Raquel Murillo, the Inspector. She had found out his true identity and brought him to the Toledo house where she tied him up, demanding answers. 

This was the beginning of the end.

Viena sat next to Río, both of them in chairs, staring at Arturo who sat across the room. The top part of her jumpsuit was down, the arms tied around her waist, revealing her black crop top. Her hair was in a low ponytail and she sat there, picking at her nails. 

The two of them passes the time, whispering to each other to make conversation without Arturo hearing. 

"Viena." Arturo said, out of nowhere.

She narrowed her eyes and leaned forward. "Did I say you could speak, Arturito?"

He looked down, then back up, deciding he was going to try a different approach. "Río, down there I realized you didn't agree with what Helsinki was doing. You're not like them. You're a good boy."

Río kept on ignoring him, getting out a tablet from his bag. Viena leaned back in her seat, crossing her arms across her chest. She hated this job. She wasn't a babysitter.

"I have a son your age, you know? He's the eldest." He said, trying to appear empathetic. "He's a good boy, too. Ayudarme por favor. I want to see me son."

Río looked up at him and smiled, showing Viena his tabler. She chuckled and looked back at Arturo.

"Arturo, please. We know what you're trying to do, and it won't work." She told him.

Immediately after, Arturo started to beep. Well, the box strapped to his chest started beeping, causing him to jolt. He looked up at them horrified and shook his head. Río and Viena stared at him with smug expressions on their faces. Viena held her hand out and Río slapped it, high-fiving each other.

"Is everything okay? How are you feeling?" Nairobi asked Hanoi. They were in an office on separate couches, trying to rest. 

Hanoi gulped, wondering if he should lie, but knew that he shouldn't. "I still feel shitty. It's like I know that something's wrong, but I don't know what it is. I can't figure it out. I don't look sick, but I feel sick."

"Well, once we get out of her e, you can figure it out, right?"

Hanoi nodded. "Sí, that's what Viena said we would do."

Nairobi turned her gaze on the boy. "You know, she may not love you romantically, but she does love you in some way. She cares about you and you two have something special."