Chapter Four: Snuggles Are Basically Cuddles

It has been 4 weeks since that day. When Amity had to go home and rethink everything she thought about herself, Luz, and their relationship. True, they weren't the best of friends, but Amity was trying her best to be better to Luz than she was originally. 

But what if she was failing? What if what happened last time was setting their relationship back a peg? What if Amity's feelings would hurt Luz? Her mind was just plagued with what if's and doubts of these...feelings. 

_______________________

It just so happened that the next day, it was raining. And more surprisingly, it was normal rain. Cold, musty smelling, nasty rain.  And Amity hated it. 'I wanted this day to be normal so my mood wouldn't be ruined but noooo.' she thought, as she made her way over to the library. Entering, she shivered as rain droplets fell off her face and onto her clothes. She made her way to the romance section and pulled the book. The door opened, and Amity quietly made her way inside, still shivering. Luz was already inside, making another light spell. "H-hey Lu-Luz." Amity shivered, her teeth chattering. This caused Luz to look up in surprise and concern. "Amity! Are you okay?" Luz asked, getting up from her spot and making her way towards Amity. Her heart started to beat fast as Luz drew closer. Her lungs started to squeeze and she found her throat would not release any air. She started to cough, hard, covering her face in her arm and turning away from Luz as to not cough on her. "Amity..." Luz whispered, pressing her hand onto Amity's arm. Amity choked a bit on her cough. "Oh geez, Amity, you're cold as ice! Are you okay?" Luz asked, panicking. "Yeah, I j-just-" Amity let out a cough, almost making Amity gag. "The rain is just really bad, ha ha." Amity wheezed out. Luz frowned. "Here, come sit down. I'll get you a blanket." Luz guided Amity towards the mint green beanbag and gestured for her to sit. Amity, not so gracefully, plopped down on the beanbag. Luz quickly grabbed her a mug of hot chocolate and a blanket. She handed Amity the mug and draped the blanket around Amity's shoulders. 

"Lu-Luz, I'll be-" Amity let out a sneeze, almost kitten like. Luz tried not to giggle by how cute the sneeze was. "It's okay, Amity." Luz grinned. She sat down next to Amity with her own blanket. Amity shivered a bit and took a sip of her hot chocolate. Suddenly, she felt something warmer than the blanket snuggle up next to her. Luz had draped their blankets together and she had snuggled up against Amity. "Luz..." Amity whispered, feeling her face heat up. "What if you get sick?" she asked. Luz shrugged. "Hey, I've gotten a cold before, I'm basically immune to it now." Amity laughed a bit. "Luz, I don't think that's how it works." she giggled. Luz smiled, and started to wrap her arm around Amity but stopped. She gave Amity the look of 'is it okay if I do this?'. The intense heartbeat of Amity had grown louder with each thing that Luz had done. Almost as a silent agreement, Amity cautiously wrapped her arms around Luz in a hug. Luz, just as silently, committed and wrapped her arms around Amity. The warmth that came from Luz, not just her temperature, but her caring and kindness towards Amity. Amity, for a small moment in her life, felt safe and secure. Like she could be in the arms of Luz forever with no one else around to watch, judge, or harm them. 

_______________________________

"You know, I kinda forgot this is a book club meeting." Luz whispered. Amity was silent. "Hey." Luz said. "Did you fall asleep?" No response. Amity was out like a light. And all Luz could do was wrap her arms tighter around Amity. 'What if this changes things between us?' Luz thought to herself in the back of her mind. She could feel Amity's heartbeat and the small inhales as Amity slept. 'Okay, that's a kind of creepy thing to notice about her.' Luz thought to herself. She sat there, still holding Amity as if she was a baby kitten. 'I hope Eda doesn't get mad at me if I arrive home late.' Luz thought. But that thought was quickly diminished as Luz felt Amity let go of her. "Luz? What happened?" Amity yawned, stretching her arms. "You fell asleep." Luz said, ignoring the fact the two were snuggling. "Oh." Amity rubbed her eyes, and rolled her neck to the side. "Should we, um... start the book meeting?" Luz asked meekly. Amity stared for a moment, before facepalming. "I totally forgot that's what we're here for. I am so sorry." Luz shrugged and smiled. Luz turned around in the chair and grabbed her copy of Azura. "Shall we begin?"