Chapter Seven: It's Delicate

"I'm in love with Amity Blight."

Luz looked at Eda, red as a tomato and nervously shaking. "Ah kid." Eda whispered, heading over to console the poor girl. Luz was teary eyed at this point. "And you don't know if she likes you back?" Eda asked, although she already knew the answer. Luz nodded, feeling a wave of tears trying to set free from her eyes. Eda stroked the girls hair and used her other hand to pat her back as Luz started to cry. 'Poor kid.' Eda thought. Now Eda may be old, she was smart and she could tell when something was up. 'But how do I tell her that the Blight kid loves her? She probably won't believe it. And besides, Luz has been so oblivious to the signs. Maybe it's best if they both figure it out on their own.' Eda thought.  She didn't want to torture the poor kid, after all slow burns were tedious. But, if Luz wasn't able to see the really bright signs, maybe it would be better if the two would naturally come together. 

________________________________

Meanwhile, Amity sat silent in her room, arms crossed and staring blankly at the wall. 

'I am a Blight.' She thought. 

'We only associate with a select few...'

But...

'No. We only associate with the greats, not trash.'

Luz wasn't trash.

Despite Amity's reputation, Luz liked her for her. 

Could Boscha stop her from being happy? The happiest she's ever been? Could her own parents stop her from finally being her true self, the one she's been hiding since the day she was born? 

No.

No one could stop her. Not a single damn witch or demon on the Boiling Isles could stop her!

She was her own witch. 

Her own person. 

She couldn't just stand by and let people make choices for her.

No one was gonna make her.

Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever.

...

"... I need to leave." she whispered. 

_____________________________

It was the dead of night at the Boiling Isles. And to top it off, it was raining. Acid raining. 

Maybe she could leave another night?

No. She was just gonna have to book it.

She waited till everyone was asleep. Grabbing her jacket, her bag, and a snack, she quietly made her way through the long winding hallways.

She was almost there.

She could make it.

"Mittens?"

Oh crap.

She turned around to see a sleepy Edric and a concerned Emira. Amity sighed, and put a finger to her lips. She turned around and started to leave, but Emira grabbed her arm. "Mittens, where do you think you're going?" She hissed. Amity tugged away from her sister. "I need to leave." Amity whispered. That made Edric awake. "You're what?" Edric hissed. "I need to leave, Edric. I can't stay. I don't want my whole life planned out for me. I need to go and make my own choices." Amity said. Both Emira and Edric looked at each other and snickered softly. Amity's face turned red. "Is this about your little human girlfriend?" Emira giggled. "NO!" Amity growled. The twins were taken back by Amity's tone, staring at her with wide eyes. "Maybe Luz has something to do with this," Amity started. "But she's the first person ever to make me the happiest I've ever been since Willow. And mom and dad took her away from me. I'm not letting them do the same to me and Luz. I want to make my own choices." 

Both Em and Ed fell silent. "But you're only 14, how could you-" "I need to get out while I can." Amity interrupted. "I hope one day the both of you could get out when you can, but-" "Amity." Emira said. Both twins bent down a little bit and wrapped their arms around Amity in a hug. "We'll cover for you." Ed whispered. "And if you don't come back... at least write to us if you can." Emira whispered. Amity choked a bit, trying not to cry as she returned the hug. "Thank you." She whispered softly. "You're gonna need a protection spell," Ed said, letting go. Emira did the same.  "I already have it." Amity said, pointing to her bag. "Look at you, Little Miss Perfect." Em snickered. Amity rolled her eyes. She turned around with a final wave and started to walk away. "Good luck Ami." Both twins whispered in unison. 

____________________________

It was really dark out, almost pitch black aside from the lights of the town and the mansion shining dimly. Amity took out the protection spell and started to run. 

She could hear the rain pounding against the spell, like acid hail. All of her thoughts went numb as she could only focus on making it somewhere, anywhere. In hindsight, she should've thought of a place beforehand, but all of her rational thoughts went out the window. 

She was running blind, whipping around trees and branches and stones. Her eyes were blurred. Was she crying. She couldn't tell. 

Sticks, stones, and uprooted house legs were no match for the numb Amity Blight. Were things hitting her? Was she bleeding? She didn't know and she didn't care. 

She was going somewhere, but where was she-

"HOOT HOOT, SLOW DOWN!" A familiar annoying voice hooted, breaking her out of trance. she looked up to see the owl tube face to face with her only mere inches away from the Owl House. How she got here, she didn't know. Amity then walked straight past the owl, and headed to the door. Almost like it could sense her presence, which it could, the door opened.  Sitting at the couch, was Luz, quietly reading an Azura book with King curled up at her feet. "Hooty, why is the door open? And why is my protection spell broken?" Eda called out to the bird. "We have a guest, hoot hoot." Hooty hooted. Eda walked out from the kitchen and her eyes went wide at the sight of Amity. "Kid? What the heck are you doing here?" She asked. Luz looked up, and jolted a little bit in surprise waking up King. "Amity?" Luz asked. Amity didn't respond, almost statue like as she stood there in the doorway. "Amity," Luz got off the couch and made her to Amity. "Are...are you okay?" Luz whispered. 

Suddenly, she broke. Amity started to cry, falling to her knees as she sobbed. Luz bent down and wrapped her arms tightly around the other girl. "Hey." Luz whispered softly. "It's okay. I'm right here." And through her tears, Amity let out a little laugh. 'I made it.' She thought.

_____________________________

Hi y'all. There's only three chapters left of this book, so get comfy lol. This book has been a journey and I love all your comments and support. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

~ Chaos.