Chapter 1

Elizabeth's POV

"Liz, Liz. Wake up Elizabeth."

I groaned as I rolled over to Eric standing in the doorway with a grin on his face.

"Eric what time is it?"

I asked in a tired voice.

"10:30 sleepy head. Come on your breakfast is getting cold."

He said as he walked back towards the kitchen. With another groan I pushed myself out if the bed, rubbed my tired eyes, and followed him out. The whole apartment smelled like maple syrup and bacon. I saw my brother putting the milk back into the refrigerator, and for the first time I got a good look at him.

He was wearing his work clothes which consisted of ripped up jeans and a solid black long sleeve tee-shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. His brown hair was fixed into a messy spiked up style, he still hadn't shaved off his soul patch, and his brown eyes looked tired.

"I thought you had the night shift on the weekends?"

I raised a brow as I sat down at the two person kitchen table. He sighed before leaning against the counter crossing his arms over his chest.

"I do but I also volunteered to pull double shifts this weekend."

He said with a small smile on his face. I shook my head in disbelief.

"You said you were done doing double shifts."

I gave him a worried look.

"I know, but we need the money Liz."

He said as he took a drink of his water bottle.

"Why didn't you tell me? I could have asked for more hours at the diner."

I was out of my seat now.

"Because I don't want you working more hours. You need to focus on your studies, and you need to just be a teenager sometimes."

He said as her wrapped in me into a huge bear hug. I buried my head into his comforting chest, with a sigh I let go.

"Alright. But seriously people start drinking at 12?"

I smirked as I sat back down. He chuckled as he grabbed his black leather jacket slipping it on.

"Some people start drinking as soon as the sun comes up."

He grabbed his keys off the counter and walked over to me placing a soft brotherly kiss on my forehead.

"Be safe."

I said as he walked towards the door.

"I always am. You need to get out of here and go hang out with your friends."

He pointed at me opening the door.

"I can't. I have to study."

I didn't have the heart to tell him that I didn't have friends. He sighed and said.

"You need to get out and live or one day you will regret it."

With that he closed the door leaving me to sit there by myself. The day went by slowly and finding ways to occupy myself was slightly difficult. After breakfast I did the dishes and cleaned the already spotless apartment. After a shower I studied a little on each subject, and before I realized it was 11 o'clock at night.

I found myself staring at my window, wondering if what I seen the night before was just a dream. The image of baby blue eyes surrounded by a bright orange color filled my mind. I knew what I had seen was real and I wanted nothing more than to see it again. With a big smile I pushed myself off the bed and walked over to my window pushing it open, letting the cool autumn air in.

I stuck my head out to get a good look of night sky searching for any sign of the hero. Seeing no sign of him I simply backed away from the window and threw myself down on the bed. I didn't keep track of time but I felt my eyes flutter shut and that's when I heard a thud on the fire escape.

My eyes shot open and very slowly I sat myself up to see what I'd been hoping for. Standing in my room, right beside my window was the orange clad turtle with a huge smile. I stood up without taking my eyes off of him. He chuckled at me.

"I'm guessing you left this window open for me."

His voice was deep but it had happiness in it. I smiled at him ad just nodded, taking another step towards him. He was about my height maybe an inch taller, his arm and legs were ripped with muscles, and his eyes were filled with wonder.

I felt myself unable to speak, I was so amazed with him that I couldn't even bring myself to speak. The turtle chuckled again placing his hand on his weapons in leather belt.

"So green eyes are you just going to stare? I mean I am pretty good looking."

I chuckled at his comment and said.

"You don't lack self confidence do you? Do you have a name?"

He chuckled at me before leaning against the wall with a smirk on his face. Suddenly I felt a warmth rise in my chest and a blush rise in my cheeks. He noticed my blush and his smirk grew.

"I'm Michelangelo."