17- the portrait with anger issues

Inna's pov

"Run" The voices were heard to me on repeat, I didn't know what to do. Where to go or where to hide. The fire was eating the place, red flames were shining in my sight. I couldn't even breathe properly. The bad smoke with the heavy smell was making me shake.

"Inna" the voice from the little boy made me look up to where he was, "you should run, What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I don't know," I stuttered to say, there was a barrier between them both that had failed from the ceiling due to the fire. "Jump," he said.

"I can't" When I uttered those words, the boy signed and went to the barrier and tried to lift it, it was heavy and hot. It proved to be a formidable challenge, heavy and searing hot. I could feel the intensity of the heat radiating from it.

"Run, Inna," he asked in a low voice trying to make a way to get out while I nodded my head before standing up ignoring the pain, I got from the fire burns I got on my arms and feet. "What about you?"

"I'm going after you," When he said that, another barrier fell bringing down the fire with it. "Go, Inna" The boy yelled making me panic more than I was, I couldn't feel my feet until I started to run away, leaving the dark-haired boy along with what I dreaded the most and churched the most. My necklace.

My body was afire, my limbs scorching as I thrashed against layers of cloth holding me down. Those nightmares are freaking me out, they are so real. So fucking real.

My mouth felt raw and dry as if sand had been poured down my throat but the scream came easily to me. My body arched on its own accord, thrashing against the hands to hold me firmly in place. I wanted to fight, fearful that my demons would come for me, its obsidian eyes and wicked sneer revealing their malicious intent.

I would never be safe.

I had been having nightmares since the day I went to the party- since I met him.

Beads of perspiration gathered along my forehead, bathing my throat and chest. my eyes jerked open, remembering the nightmare.

"No!" I gasped. I bolted upright in bed as my eyes moved warily around the remnants of the darkened room. I pressed my lips firmly together against the bile rising in my throat as my stomach churned with dread. My hair fell over my shoulder as I jerked on the layers of coverlets

My knees threatened to buckle and I grasped the post to steady my balance as I clenched my eyes shut against the wave of vertigo.

"Fuck" cursing under my breath I stood up after letting the courage flood my mind and body, I hated having those nightmares. Leaving the room, I headed towards the art room, it was the only place where I could clear my mind and feel brave time at peace.

Five days passed since the day Sin had thrown me out of his room.

Five days and I had been extremely hard on myself.

The nightmares didn't breathe properly either, they haunted me every night I slept and when I woke up, I decided to head to the gym or the art room.

We got into a routine, I dedicated myself to training, and Mikhail, who had become somewhat of a friend, he stood by my side.

Mikhail proved to be an instructor who didn't falter when it came to imparting the fundamentals of hand-to-hand combat. But he was not better than Sin.

Despite occasionally annoying with his sarcastic remarks, he displayed a decent teaching ability. We practiced various techniques, honing my skills and refining my movements. Over time, I grew more confident in my ability to defend myself.