Chapter 3

It's late. I got into a fight with my parents again. Over something so trivial but it still made me angry. I hate being compared to my older sister.
"When are you gonna grow up?"
"Why don't you take some risks once in while?"
"It's weird how different your personalities are."

I needed a break from reality. So I took a walk to the store to eat my feelings out. Obviously.
After buying some ice cream I hear some footsteps slowly treading behind me.
"Going someplace darling?" a low voice spoke out to me.

"I'm sorry?"

"You look like you could use some fun."
WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING?
This middle-aged man is a creep.
"No, I'm fine thank you." I start to walk away in a panic.

"You busy?"

"Actually I'm busy for the rest of the year."

"HEY! IM NOT DONE TALKING TO YA!"
His breath reeks of alcohol. He grabs my arm and starts to drag me to the back of the store.

"LET GO OF ME!" I try to break through but his grip is too strong. I try to call for help but he covers my mouth with his hand. I had to look for an opening or something to help me escape.

I've watched a lot of defense mechanism videos in case of this situation so I kick him in the groin. I immediately run once im out of his grasp but he grabs my leg, twists it, and pulls me back down. My heart is racing a thousand beats per minute I can hardly think. I can feel his hands around my throat barely catching my breath.
Am I going to die here?

"HEY!" A familiar voice yells. Everything was happening so fast all I could hear was this person attacking the man. I try hard to focus on breathing that I can't move. I'm trembling with a throbbing pain in my ankle. I hear only one of them panting heavily.

"Hey you okay?" he speaks in a soft tone. He's wearing a hoodie so I can't see his face but I know I've heard his voice before.

"Mm-my leg hurts." I feel his arms around me and lifts me with ease.

"Where do you live?"

"Uhh xxxx Avenue." the aura around him makes me feel comfortable enough to actually trust him. He takes me to his car and safely drives me home. He helps me to the door and leaves just as fast as he came.
That whole night is a blur to me but he is the only person I will never forget.