Chapter 13

Song recommendation: steal my girl by 1D

"Something is going on between you two isn't there?" I shake my head.

"Look even if there is that won't stop me from winning your heart."

"So what your saying is I'm just one of the shiny objects that you can take?" I scoff.
"I should have known better not to trust someone like you."

"Look I'm sorry! Alright? Is that what you want?! I'm sorry for causing you so much pain all those years ago. All I'm asking is that you give us a chance."

"I'm only gonna say this once Tyler. There was never an 'us' to begin with. I forgive you but I can't do that. I just can't. I'm sorry." He looks down.

"I'm not one to give up so easily. So know that I'm fighting for you." A chill runs down my spine.

"Miley! Let's go!" I hear Jared yell.

"Coming!" I turn to Tyler. "Goodbye Tyler."

"We'll see about that." He mutters.
What does he mean by that? I'm getting an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach. Whatever happens today no matter what I'm not going to let it ruin my day with Jared.

****

We sit on a bench taking off our skates.
"Who does that jerk think he is? The guy can't take no for an answer."
My hands are shaking so bad. I can't stop thinking about what he said. Why is it bothering me so much?

"Hey, you okay?" He puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah I'm fine I just need something to distract myself. Do you have any ideas?"

"I saw an arcade down the road wanna go there?"

"After lunch cause, I'm starving. We should invite Bella and Asher too!"

"Chick-fil-A?"

"Who doesn't like Chick-fil-A?"

****

After eating with everyone and I mean everyone because literally the whole school and their cousins were there, me and Jared hit the arcade.

We tried a lot of different games but we both sucked at them. Then we tried this dancing machine game like in romcoms. I honestly did not expect us to be so good at it.

But right in the middle of it, I started getting lightheaded. Maybe it was because of all the strobe lights or the blasting music but I tripped over my own feet. I felt his arms on my shoulders and my head on his chest.

"Woah Miley. Sit over here." He picks me up which somehow feels familiar and sets me down at a table.
"I'm gonna get you some water." I'm still kinda lightheaded so I take his hand without realizing it.

"Stay."

"Okay." He sits down next to me and pulls me closer to him. "You're gonna be okay alright?" He says rubbing my back.

"Mmm. I'm sorry." I say barely above a whisper.

"Don't be sorry. You're here with me that's what matters." I love how gentle he is with me. He's been so patient and open that I'm questioning why he chose to be my friend in the first place.

After a while, I regain my energy and he helps me stand up. "Take it easy alright? I don't want you to push yourself."

"Don't worry I won't. I'm gonna get some air."
He lets go of my hand.

What was that in there? That's never happened before in forever. I can't help but feel like my PTSD is coming back. I'm getting jittery all over again. As I'm walking I hear a faint voice from an alleyway. It almost sounds like...

"Bella?!" It's her voice but I can't tell where it's coming from. "Where are you?" Her voice is fading away and so are my senses.

"Sorry, it had to be this way, Miley. Let's just hope you're more persuasive when you wake up."