Chapter 4

"A GUY DID WHAT TO YOU?!" Zoey screams at me.

"Look I am fine okay? You don't need to worry about me. I'm really lucky that guy was there to help me."

"Thank God for that man." She says letting out a sigh.

"His voice reminded me of someone I know but I can't pinpoint who though."

"Maybe he's someone from our school."

"Yeah the chances of THAT are really low."

"I mean you never know." She shrugs her shoulders.

I try to change the subject.
"I'm really exhausted can we go to sleep now? Oh, and can you not tell mom and dad about this Zoey?"

"haha, that's gonna backfire if they ever find out."

"So is that a yes or no?"
........
.....
...
..

[ The next morning ]

Bella texts me immediately after I wake up.
// let's get some coffee before school //

// k but only if we stop at the library after, there's this really edgy romance I've been dying to read. //

// pfft you're such a hopeless romantic what am I gonna do with you? //

// welp what can ya do //

********

After buying coffee we split into our little world of books. I mostly like books about romance while Bella likes all things horror and supernatural. It's amazing when you look at them from a new perspective.

"Ah, there it is!" I whisper softly. "But why did they put it all the way up there?"
I reach for the top shelf for my book but I'm too short.
"Screw these stupid genes."
My hand is so close to reaching but just as I touch it another hand takes it.

"Here."
I freeze when I look at him. His dark hair, green eyes, and glasses are captivating.
I didn't even notice him sitting near me. My heart is beating faster than my grades going down. I got so caught up in breathing it all in I didn't hear what he said.
I snap back to reality.
"Oh sorry! Thank you!"

"Haha, that's not what I asked though."
His smile is so endearing. I'm in awe of him and I just met this beautiful human being.
"Ahh! Sorry! What was that?"

"I asked if you also went to Westchester High."

"Oh, I do actually how did you know?"

"Mostly by your attire." He looks up and down.
Oh, right guys have different uniforms than girls in our school. How am I this stupid?

"Right sorry I'm really dumb."

"You apologize a lot too."

"Sorry, I'm not myself today."
I can feel my face heating up after I said that.
"AHH SORRY ILL STOP NOW! AGH!!" I cover my face in embarrassment.

"Pft dont worry bout it. Anyways what's that?"

"The book? Oh, it's a dystopian slash romance that I was really excited to read. It's only out for a little longer so I ran at the speed of light you know? I could go on and on about all kinds of books really." I don't notice how loud I'm really talking and I get a couple of stares.
"Oh sorry. Geez, I was rambling I'm sorry. Oh! There I go again haha." It's so awkward I should stop bothering him now.

He covers his mouth with his hand trying not to laugh.
"You're really funny Miley Hayes."
Wait...I never told him my na-
"I gotta go now but I'll see ya at school kay?"

"Uh ya! Bye."
He grabs his bag, looks back at me with a smirk, and walks off without another word. I scratch my head as I try to remember where I've heard those words before. Then it hits me...

"Isn't that?"
......

.....

.....

My soul-
THE CREEPY STALKER?!

•••••••

𝙰/𝙽

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚘 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐! 𝙸𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗 𝚊𝚜 𝚒 𝚌𝚊𝚗!❤️❤️❤️