Chapter 10

I woke up super groggy cause I'm still sick. I almost don't wanna get out of bed. Honestly shouldn't but I told Jared I would be able to talk to him today. The things you do for the people you care about. I practically make myself jump out of bed.

|| sorry you're not feeling well cause of me ||

|| oh please I've had way worse than a measly cold ||

|| wow you're such a champ anywho do think you'll have enough energy for the trip tmrw? ||

|| after sleeping tonight and on the bus ride I'm sure I'll be fine ||

|| do not stay up too late tonight cause we have to be at school early like at 6 AM early ||

|| oh that's just peachy also you come over now that no ones home ||

|| that sounds wrong ||

|| get your head out of the gutter you idiot ||

|| you're the one who said it ||

|| stop distracting me so I can get ready ||

|| I'm gonna distract you even harder now ||

|| STOP ||

|| fine ||
Why is he like this?
I also get a text from Tyler.

// can we talk? In-person? //

\\ not today tmrw we can \\

// k //
I suddenly get a chill.

****

I'm too lazy to do anything with hair today so I just go with a messy bun. Hopefully, I don't look too crazy.

"Dang, you look terrible." I sit down on the chair swing on our front porch.

"I am so close to having a migraine from all your judgy comments. So please with everything that is right give me a break once in a while."

"Pfft," He sits down next to me and puts his hands over his head. "Where should I start? We were best friends back in elementary. I know it's a surprise but we were basically inseparable at the time also really immature. We would always play pranks around the kids our age."

"Still are immature."

"I'm serious don't interrupt," I pull my feet up on the chair. "Anyway, we had a fallout once we hit middle school. I knew he was bullying you and I told him to stop. But once he took it too far when he hurt you I stopped hanging around him. I pushed everyone in my life away to keep myself from getting hurt after that. But I knew I wasn't happy. That is until you came along with your optimistic, silly, and really...cute self." He pauses.

"You inspire me and make me want to be a better person. I want to be that person you can rely on Miley. The person that was never there for you in middle school."

Sadly, he's telling the truth. I didn't have that many friends when I was younger. The one thing I wanted more than anything was friends. I was always shy and kept to myself a lot which is probably why he found me vulnerable.

But that day when he pushed me into the street I had a near-death experience. Just a few more seconds and I would have been hit by that truck. Thankfully someone pushed me out of the way but I never once gave my gratitude to that person.

After I found out that we were moving I had never been happier. Still, I had nightmares and PTSD for months about that day and it was all because of Tyler. That's why I can't bring myself to ever forgive him.