Chapter 12

Song recommendation: fever dream by mxmtoon

Why the heck would they make up wake up so dang early? Whatever. At least I'll be spending most of my time with Jared on the bus and in the city. I wonder what parts of Times Square we'll get to see today. I still remember the feel of his warm hand stroking my hair yesterday. Dang, it! I'm getting flustered just thinking about it!

When I get to school I spot Bella almost immediately. "Hey! So who's the guy you're hanging out with on the bus?" I ask eagerly.

"Okay, so I met him before at this really cool party and...." My attention towards Bella completely goes away once I see Tyler by himself.
Now that I think about it I've never seen him talking with anyone else. Is it because he's only comfortable around me or is it something else?

"You see this is why I can never have a normal conversation with you."

"NO NO NO IM SORRY DONT LEAVE ME COME BACK!"

*****

As soon as I get on the bus Jared waves me down in the back. My backpack makes a loud thud when it hits the floor.

"Are you carrying rocks or what?" I flop on the seat.

"Just the essentials you know like my water bottle, snacks, bandaids cause you never know, an umbrella, a book, and stuff for emergencies." He takes out his earbuds and hands one to me.

"I don't think you're gonna need all that. Here." I take out my snacks and offer some to him.

It's almost two hours from here to TS so I decide to take a nap. He notices me shiver and puts his jacket on me. As I drift off to sleep I slowly tilt my head towards his shoulder. When I wake up we're both asleep on each other. He looks so peaceful when he's sleeping. His hair looks so soft and fluffy. It's so hard to resist touching it. Maybe one pat on the head will be fine. This is heaven! It smells so nice too. I shouldn't be doing this without his consent.

"Either you take your hand off me or I will do it myself." He mumbles.

"AHH! Sorry!" I run out of the bus. It's a good thing they made a pit stop.

While I'm in the bathroom stall I hear some girls from our school talking about me.

"You know that girl who's always hanging around Jared? She's denser than anyone in school."

"Yeah, she's literally so annoying like who does she think she is? Jared's gone out with tons of other girls before her. I bet he gave her a ride on his stupid motorcycle."

"Exactly she really thinks that he's actually into her."

"I almost feel bad for her that guy knows how to play with a girl's feelings!"

What the heck are they talking about? Are they jealous or actually telling the truth? Jared doesn't seem to be the type of playboy to mess around for fun right? Those jealous brats!

"What took you so long? You were my human pillow." I shake my head trying to forget what those girls said.

"It's nothing I'm still tired so I'll sleep a bit more."

"Did something happen? You're not your normal cranky self."

"I'm fine really now lay back down so I can use you as my pillow." He smirks and lays his head on me.

"Okay this whole day you are gonna go everywhere I take you. Cause I'm pretty sure I've been to TS way more times than you."

"True," I've only been twice.
"Guess I'm all yours today then."

"Shut up you nerd."
He smiles and goes back to sleep.

****

It's still early so we have plenty of time before lunch.
Jared pays for the rental bikes and leads me to a small cafe. It was very vintage-looking and aesthetically pleasing. We got coffee and delicate pastries. He told me he plans on going ice skating later which I've never been.

"I feel bad for the person who's spending the rest of their life with you. The guy is literally getting a sheltered child who apparently has an obsession with 2d characters."

"Oh yeah? Well, your girl is gonna get a bratty, stubborn, and immature buffoon!"

"You are terrible at insulting people." He laughs.

"I don't how I've made it this far with you. We're clearly incompatible."

"Obviously." He knows I'm being sarcastic but still, we should not be compatible just by the way our personalities are. Right?

When we're in line for the rink he insists on buying my ticket.
"You already paid for the bikes let me do this!" He shakes his head.

"I just dont think the girl should pay for the guy."

"Who said anything about me paying for you?!"

"Wow and here I thought you were this kind generous person."

"PFFFT that's so funny! I am when I want to be no questions asked."

"Alright be a brat about it."

As we walk towards the rink I see Bella and her date already on the ice. While as for me I'm struggling to maintain my balance once again.

"Come on it's just like roller skating without the wheels."

"That makes things a lot easier thanks."
Jared grabs my hands and pulls me towards him. He smiles down at me but he's too close.
Suddenly my feet slip on the ice but this time I fall on top of him. I impulsively pulled his scarf off too.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean for that to happen!" I sit upright.

"Could you stop being sorry for everything? No harm is done right?" He takes his scarf and pulls it around my neck. "Don't catch a cold like last time alright?"

After a few tries and hurting myself a couple of times and bumping into a few people, I finally became a novice in ice skating.

"How's it feel to not be a complete failure at something?" I laugh.

"Pretty good thanks to you."
I glance across the rink where Tyler stands alone.

"I'll be right back Jared."

"Okay. Be careful."
I walk over to him.

"Can we talk now?"

A/n

Ship names?❤️🛳
Myler vs. Hared