Chapter 2:Sleepovers and tears?

• Dedicated to Jake Mitchell

Cassie's POV

             As we walked back to James's house, It hit me, hard. I realized how much I acually like Jake. His voice was calm and sweet, like the ocean waves and the night sky. His hug made me feel weak, but in a good way. And his eyes, oh his eyes, they made me forget... about the fight. I don't want to go into deatail so let's just say that my boyfriend and I got into a fight, but Jake made it better just by being him.

Jake's POV

        She is so cute! She kept looking at me in this cute, innocent way like I helped her. Jame's told me something happened before she came her so I hope she is ok. I can't see anyone hurting her, she is too sweet!

"So, what is it like in America?" I asked

"Nothing too speacial, just a lot of drama" Cassie said as she looked down at her chestnut Uggs

"Oh... What about .." BEEP BEEP!!!!! James was suddenly smashed by a car!!

No POV

"JAMES"' Cassie screamed at the top of her lungs.

"I'm so sorry", a man says racing out of his car.

"CALL SOMEONE!!!" Cassie begins to yell at Jake as she went to where James had been laying.

Jake then rips his phone out of his pocket and begins to dial the digits 999 with his hands shaking out of control.

**A COUPLE HOURS LATER IN THE HOSPITAL**

"Do you think he is going to be okay?" Cassie asked Jake holding back her tears.

"I don't know, but I hope so." Jake said in a soft voice.

             As the two sat in the waiting room, one of the nurses came over and suggested that the two went home and told them that their parents have been notified about the situation. So that's what they did, the two walked home in complete silence, not a word was to be spoken as Jake and Cassie walked in the darkness of the night.

        Once they got to Jake's house Jake slowly opened the door for Cassie and they walked into the quiet house. Neither of them bothered to change, they both much rather sleep and hope that it was all just a dream.

"Where should I sleep" Cassie said in a depressed whisper

"You could sleep in my bed if you want, I can just sleep on the floor" Jake said pulling his covers down.

"No, it is ok, I will just sleep on the floor" Cassie replied.

"I insist" Jake said.

"okay, fine" Cassie said as she walked over to the bed.

        After they got settled, everything was quiet until Cassie couldn't take it anymore and she began to lightly sob into her pillow. Once Jake noticed, he got up and walked over to Cassie and sat on the bed. At first all he could do was stare at the figure in his bed the same way he did when she first walked out of the plane a couple hours prior.

"Are you okay?" He managed to slip out of his mouth.

        Cassie then shook her head

"Well is there anything I can do?" He asked softly.

She sudenly sat up, turned around, and hugged Jake tightly. Jake hugged her back as Cassie muttered the words "Stay with me"