Chapter 8: The Buckets and Mr Salt Visit the Chocolate Zoo

As Charlie and Veruca continued to share a kiss, Charlie had an idea. "I just had an idea, Veruca." he said when they broke away. "What is on your mind, Charlie?" Veruca asked him, she was interested in hearing the idea that he had. "Why don't we show my family and your dad the milk chocolate zoo that Mr Wonka showed us before we went to the doctors office?" Charlie suggested. Veruca thought for a moment. "That could work actually. I'll go and tell my daddy, while you tell your family. Shall I meet you at the zoo?" she suggested. "Fine by me. I will see you there." Charlie replied as they said their goodbye's for now and went away from each other. A while later, Charlie's family and Veruca's father were admiring all the detail put into the milk chocolate animals. As far as they could see, every detail was correct. Everything from their heads to their tails to their paws to their eyes to their mouths. "This is all very impressive. So you were saying that this was all your idea?" Grandma Josephine asked her grandson. "Actually, me and Veruca agreed on it. We then went to see Mr Wonka to see if he would approve of it. And to both of our surprise, he did so." "Well, it sure has impressed me that is for sure, Charlie." "Could you please excuse me? I have to check on Veruca." Grandma Josephine nodded and Charlie went over to Veruca. 

"Are you alright there, Veruca?" Charlie asked her. "Yes. I'm fine thank you, Charlie. I am even better now that I am seeing you again. It makes me feel kind of lonely whenever you are not around." Charlie took his hand in hers. "Well I'm here now, aren't I?" he teased. "Yes, you are." they then shared a kiss. "I love you, Veruca Salt." said Charlie. "I love you too, Charlie Bucket." "Why don't we get back to work by thinking of ideas for our next creation?" Veruca suggested. "Good idea. If we go somewhere, then we can discuss ideas there." Charlie and Veruca then left the zoo and started discussing more ideas for what they could suggest to Mr Wonka. "Hmm. I guess that, you know, create golden chocolate eggs? That when then they are cracked open, it reveals chocolate inside. It reminds me of what I saw in a movie once. A girl was acting just like how I used to act towards a man owning the business before he decided to hand it over to the nicest boy, or at least the least rotten. I can't remember their names though, let alone the movie."  Veruca suggested as Charlie smiled. "Good idea. Let's see what Mr Wonka has to say about it." So they went to go back and see him. "That's a good idea you have there, Veruca. Only problem is that you will need Geese to make it happen. Do you mind if I and some of the oompah loompahs could go with you so that we can search for the Geese? As far as I know, they are incredibly rare to find. "Charlie and Veruca nodded. "Okay then. I'll go and get the elevator and some of the oompah loompahs ready. You two may go and say your goodbyes to your family, Charlie and your father, Veruca." "Okay, we'll see you later then, Mr Wonka." Veruca said as she and Charlie left Mr Wonka hand in hand, standing closely to one another. 5 minutes later, Charlie and Veruca got back to the chocolate zoo. "I'll be back soon, daddy. I'm going to go somewhere with Charlie, Mr Wonka and some oompah loompahs." Mr Salt looked concerned. "Where is it exactly you are going?" he asked her. "To get some Geese. Apparently there is a rare breed of them that can lay golden chocolate eggs." Mr Salt nodded. "Very well, but promise me that you will be safe." "I promise, daddy." Mr Salt smiled a little bit and then hugged his daughter and said goodbye to her, Veruca returned the hug and said goodbye to him also. "So let me get this straight: You are going to find some Geese with Veruca, Mr Wonka and some oompah loompahs?" Mr Bucket asked Charlie who nodded. "Well, be careful out there. You never know what lives out there." "Don't worry, dad. I promise you that I will be safe." "Good, well, we will see you later then, bye Charlie." his father replied. As Charlie and Veruca went away from their families hand in hand, Veruca felt pain again. "No. No. Please not now!" she managed to grunt out. "Please don't tell me what I think that you are doing." Veruca couldn't reply as she transformed violently into the squirrel monster again with her clothes ripping and tearing, her bones crunching and cracking inside of her back and hands once again. The transformation has always been painful to her and once she finished transforming, she looked at Charlie who slowly approached her as she let out a growl before Charlie put his hand on the monster's head as the monster let out a sad roar in his face before it shrunk back down and became Veruca once again, her clothes also repaired themselves again. Veruca was crying. "I don't want to be a monster any more, Charlie!" Charlie wiped away her tears with a tissue. "It's okay, Veruca. Whether you are a monster or not, I will still always love you for who you are." Veruca managed to smile a little bit. "Really?" she asked. "Really." they then smiled at each other and shared a kiss. "Come on, Mr Wonka will be waiting for us." and so, hand in hand, they went back to see Mr Wonka. He had some oompah loompqhs with him, they were carrying equipment. "Charlie and Veruca. Are you both ready to go?" he asked them both as they nodded. As they entered the elevator, Charlie spoke. "What's all this equipment, Mr Wonka?" "I'll explain on the way." Mr Wonka then pushed a button and off they went to where the rare breed of Geese lived.