Chapter 6: Kisses, Meetings and Monsters

The next morning, Charlie decided to meet up with Veruca at the front gate. "Hey Charlie!" Veruca called out to him as he was standing in front of the factory, Charlie saw her and smiled. She was with her dad and wearing another dress, this one was red, another pair of leggings and another pair of shoes. She was hoping to not transform again, especially not in front of her parents as luckily for her, she didn't transform when she went home. "Veruca!" he called back and they ran into each others arms in a hug. It was at that moment Mr Salt decided to speak. "Excuse me. What is your name again, kid?" he asked trying to be polite. "Charlie sir." Charlie answered, "Okay, well um, Charlie, I got no problem with you as my daughters boyfriend, if you hurt my daughter's feelings however, then I will make sure that you never see her again. Okay? I'm just protective of her." "Don't worry Mr Salt, I promise you that I will treat your daughter right, she means the world to me." Mr Salt then smiled a little bit. "Good lad." Veruca then grabbed Charlie's hand and then they all went back into the factory. Charlie and Veruca were talking about ideas for what they could create as new ideas for candy and chocolate as well as Veruca's father approving their relationship with each other. "I was worried there." Charlie said innocently. "About what?" Veruca asked. "About your father. I mean like he looked as if that he wasn't going to approve of it." "You know, now that you mentioned it, I guess that he did look it indeed, now then, before we continue discussing ideas for candy and chocolate. What do you say that we do what we were going to do before I went home yesterday?" Charlie looked confused at first, but then smiled and he and Veruca then kissed each other, it started soft before it became passionate. "I love you, Veruca." Charlie said with a smile when they broke apart. "And I love you too, Charlie." Veruca said as she also smiled as they held each others hand once again, this time a bit more tightly as if they never want to leave each other. It wasn't long before they started making plans for ideas for new candy and chocolates. 

So what are you thinking of, Charlie?" Veruca asked. "Why don't we make chocolate animal moulds made with milk chocolate?" "That could work. Let's go and tell Mr Wonka." they then entered the glass elevator and Veruca pushed a button that said "Wonka's Room next to it and off they went. When they arrived, Charlie knocked on the door. "Come in." a voice called out. So they entered the room and there stood Willy Wonka. He was bright and cheerful. "Ah, Charlie and Veruca. It is good to see you both again. And I heard that you are in a relationship with each other now." he stated with a smile. "It's good to see you too, Mr Wonka. And yes, indeed we are. How did you know that anyway?" Veruca asked. "Oh, well, I just heard from your dad that's all Veruca. Anyway, what can I do for you both?" "Well, we thought of a new chocolate. Didn't we, Veruca?" Veruca smiled and nodded while Mr Wonka beamed. "Terrific. Let's hear it then." "Animal moulds made out of milk chocolate." Mr Wonka thought for a moment before answering. "Why didn't I think of that? You two are smarter than I am. That is a great idea." Charlie and Veruca looked at each other with smiles on their faces. "I'll get the oompah loompahs to sort out the ingredients for it right away. In the meantime, why don't you think of some more ideas? If you get some, come back and see me. Goodbye for now." Charlie and Veruca then left Mr Wonka in his room. While they were travelling in the elevator, Charlie asked Veruca a question. "Hey er, Veruca? Would you and your father like to come round my house tonight? My family would like to meet you. " Veruca nodded. "I'd love to. But I need to check with my daddy first." Charlie nodded in understanding. When they saw Veruca's father again, Veruca asked him about it. And when he said yes, Veruca and Charlie shared another kiss. A little while later, it was dinner time at Charlie's house. And to no surprise, Charlie and Veruca were sitting next to each other. They were holding hands underneath the table. Almost everyone took a liking to Veruca, but Grandpa George wasn't sure. "So. Your that girl who didn't actually find the golden ticket. Instead you had your father here retrieve it for you? You do realise that that was not how it worked, don't you?" Grandpa George stated to Veruca as she nodded and looked down in shame. The dinner was then served. It was some boiled vegetables. As they were all eating their dinner. Charlie noticed something. "Veruca!" he whisper-shouted. "What?" s he whispered back. "Ears!" he mouthed. Veruca felt her ears, they felt pointy.  "Mrs Bucket, may i be excused please?" Veruca managed to grunt out. "What's wrong Veruca?" her father asked. "I just feel a little bit sick. I'll be back soon." she said as she left the table and headed outside while holding her stomach. Charlie followed her,, and by the time he caught up with her, she was transforming again. Her bones creaked and cracked in her hands and back again and her dress and leggings got torn apart again and a tail ripped out of the back of her dress as her eyes turned black, grew two buck teeth and grew a large amount of dark brown squirrel fur. She had transformed into the squirrel monster again. Charlie tried approaching her but it let out an angry roar and took off into the night, climbing up a tree where nuts were being grown and started munching on nuts. It was then that the squirrel monster changed back into Veruca. Amazingly, her dress and leggings and shoes that got bursted managed to repair themselves. Charlie then caught up to her. "Veruca! Are you okay?" he called up to her. "Yes I'm fine!" she called back and got out of the tree and went over to him and they shared a hug. "Come on." Charlie said before lightly kissing her. "We best get back to my house." Veruca nodded and hand in hand, they went back to Charlie's house.