Chapter 13: The Snowflake Promenade

It was the night of the winter solstice which meant that it was time for the Snowflake Promenade. All over Heaven, angels were getting all gussied up in their prettiest dresses. Snow was falling all over Heaven which made the ideal weather for the winter ball.

At Lapis' house, the young angel's guardian was helping her get ready.

"I'm so excited for you, Lapis." Rose beamed as she was preening her young charge. "I can't believe your going to your first dance."

"I'm also going with my first date." Lapis added.

Her caretaker was putting the final touches on the little angel's makeup. And then, she stepped back to admire her work saying, "And finished."

Lapis was now wearing a sparkly blue ballgown that covered her feet. She also had some blush to make her face glow and a barely noticeable amount of lip gloss. Her hair was all done up and had a golden olive branch barrette in it.

"Oh, look at you." Rose gushed, her eyes shining. "Everyone is just going to adore you."

The young angel looked at herself in the mirror, looking rather surprised by her own appearance.

"I feel like everyone's not going to recognize me." she stammered. "Even I don't recognize me."

Just then, a knock sounded off through the halls.

"That must be Peridot." she chimed as she made her way to the front door.

She opened it and there was her soulmate with a small box in his hands. The disguised demon was wearing a black tuxedo with a green bowtie. Lapis almost found her self at a loss for words as her heart raced from how handsome her boyfriend looked.

The masquerading being was equally stunned by the young angel's appearance.

"Hi, Peridot." Lapis nearly babbled. "Wow. You look great."

"And you look beautiful." Peridot blathered. "I mean you always look beautiful, but that dress looks stunning on you. It's makes you look like an immaculate goddess. I'm rambling, aren't I?"

"A little bit." the little angel giggled. "But, it's okay."

"Oh, I made a corsage for you." her date mentioned, opening the box to reveal the accessory.

The corsage was made up of baby's breath, a blue orchid, and a pure white rose. Lapis thought it looked gorgeous. The male angel helped his girlfriend put it on her wrist.

Then, he cleared his throat, held out his hand, and asked; "Shall we?"

Lapis gladly took the disguised demon's hand and was about to fly off with him. But then, Rose put a hand on her shoulder; stopping her.

"Don't forget your cardigan, sweetheart." the caregiver told her charge, handing her the article of clothing. "I don't want you to catch a cold."

"Yes, Rose." the young angel nodded.

She slipped the cardigan on and the three angels flew off to Blue Diamond's temple.

They entered into a ballroom where other angels were mingling. The ballroom was decorated in blue, white, silver, and even dark green. It was walking through a wintry forest. There was even glitter everywhere to make it look like frost was covering the place.

"This is so beautiful." Lapis marvelled.

"I'll say." agreed Peridot.

Just then, the angel matriarch clapped her hands together to get everyone's attention.

"My dear angels." said Blue Diamond. "Welcome to the Snowflake Promenade. I hope that you all enjoy the festivities of the longest night of the year."