Chapter 3. Welcome to the Dessert.

After more and more hours of driving Tiffany felt stiff and rigid in her joints. When the sun was getting low she had enough. She checked on the sat nav and decided that her journey ends there. She turned into a side "road" and drove for the next mile through the rough terrain and low and high bushes. She parked the rv among dense shrubs shielding it from anyone's view. The ground was sandy, dusty and rocky. There were some leaves on the bushes and low trees. The place seemed to be safe for the night. Tiffany got out the RV and stretched her bones. Then she changed to more outdoor dress and had a run for a few hundred yards in a random direction, she came back to her camp exhausted and deeply disappointed with her stamina.

"Such a weakling, shame on you, girl." The inner bug was faithful as always.

"Go away you, I'll take care of it later."

"Weakling"

"Get lost"

"Ha, ha, ha. Weakling."

Tiffany was too tired to continue this conversation. She got a garden chair from the rv and sat on it breathing hard. She was too weak to light the fire, so she decided to stay on the chair and enjoy the evening. The sun was setting with all possible colours from yellow on the west to the navy blue in the east. Warm wind in her hair and voices of crickets made Tiffany appreciate her "here and now".

Perfect, bloody hell, just perfect. This is what life should look like. "Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me." What the hell is the moral law within me? I don't know but the starry night is awesome. I have never seen it in the town, and that is a real loss. Some folks never left it, never had a chance to be awed by it. Pity them but it's their problem.

"It's bloody perfeeeect!" Tiffany yelled into the night. There was no one to hear her call and she knew it. Otherwise she wouldn't yell. However there was a hedgehog in the low bushes who stopped eating a wild apple in half of bite, he wrinkled his forehead looking around. Then he finished the bite slowly and disappeared quietly with the rest of the apple between his teeth.

There was a badger, annoyed by a strange sounding thing in his territory. He stood on his back legs staring and sniffing around. Someone wants to get scratches on their ugly face. He thought so and resumed his night patrol. There was also a fox in a certain distance, his eyes got wider and fur bristled.

"It's you Mr. Fox. How was your day?" Tiffany spoke to the fox for her own surprise.

"Yymhm eeeh what the hell was it, a pocket sun? That was rude to blind the host at the very beginning of conversation."

"Oh pardonnez moi, monsieur. I didn't know that we had a conversation here. You scared me, and somehow I think on purpose. My name is Tiffany. Who are you?

"Enchantee, Tiffany the queen of light. Nice to meet you. My name is Stanley, you can call me Stan for short." Definitely she is not a shy one. but there still can be fun. Just a bit later.

"Enchantee, Stan. Nice to meet you too. Are we cool here? You know, Scaring, blinding this kind of stuff."

" I think so. Let's call it a draw. But admit that you've been scared"

Stanley was staring at the girl curiously. He saw people before and always found them interesting. Mostly they have been friendly toward him, sometimes they were scared, sometimes they have been giving him food. He was wondering how this encounter will develop. Especially that the girl could understand him.

Tiffany also was curious about him, she never met or spoke to a real fox. For more than two minutes they were assessing each other.

"Yes, you have scared me... but only for a moment."