Chapter 14. Tiffany, please carry on.

It's a strange moment when one realises that he or she is alone with the burden. At first, there is a feeling of betrayal, of objection, a despair. Some people tend to cast the blame around. They say: he/she/it left me because they are selfish and don't care. They prefered to leave then face the situation. And they feel angry with them, they feel pity for themselves. And after time passes, they say: I didn't fail. Someone failed me. That is not a very productive approach. People who learn from mistakes act differently. They plan things, they take into consideration someone's help but never assume that these declarations are rock solid. There is always a chance for an event that has never happened before and might never happen in the future which will ruin the plan. There are too many factors that might act against us, especially the human factor. This one is the least reliable. This one cannot be trusted. If you count on someone, take into account someone won't be there when the time comes. It doesn't have to be because of someone's fault, it might be for a thousand other reasons. So it was like that with Tiffany. One day she had Rita and Kaz, the next one she was on her own. When she managed to digest all her feelings about them leaving, she was at a low point. Then, she took a different look at them. I have no right to ask them for anything, they have their own world. They are different beings. They have no duty to help me, to put themselves in danger, to fight my fight. I can do it on my own and I will. At last I put myself in shit, it's my job to get out of it. Suddenly I feel better. It's good to be alone with the task. No matter if I fail or win, no one suffers because of me. Cool, that is a good point. Ha, anyhow I will not sell my skin cheap. It's time to put the jacket on again. Vaya con dios, Tiffany. Vaya con lynxos, works better for me. Ha!!!

She took the guitar and plugged it into the amp. For the first time since long she felt strong and confident. No collaterals, no risk to anyone but me. Bloody hell. Let somebody face me now!" The bass sounded like a deep murmur of an earthquake. Like a column of tanks driving through the village. No human or animal dared to get closer to the rv. The aura of hostile energy was radiating from it. If anyone would approach it at this very moment, would turn back and run away in jumps and dodges, too scared to look back.

...

"I know she is the one. I can feel it. She was there with us and then disappeared without a scratch. I think she met that guy before and knew what was going to happen. The girls... could be they knew her too but for now I prefer not to ask them. -Three men looked at the fourth one with an ironic smile- don't fucking look at me like that, you were there too, chickens. Fucking cowards."

Memories of the last encounter were too fresh to be forgotten. Buck furiously attacked by a girl half his size, and his pitiful endeavours to shield from her fists and nails.

"You have been standing there like stupid pussy too scared to fight her back."

"I wasn't scared, I chose not to"

Buck had been laughed out loud.

"Buck, how is it?"

"How is what?"

"To lose face, jerk!"

"Me? You fagots have ran away too scared do anything! You ...."

After another laughter men had enough of jokes.

"We have to face her and... we'll see. It's not fair that a bitch from nowhere, a hobo treated us that way. Do what you want but I will not let it slide."

"So what do you want to do, Buck?"

"Whatever it takes to...tread her into dirt."

"How can you be so sure that it was she?"

"I heard my father talking to someone. She was a suspect in some killings but never proven guilty. More than ten guys died around her."

"And you think you can give her a lesson, huh?"- as Buck made a gesture "why not" his companion carried on- You must be more angry then clever, Buck. Someone protects her, can't you see it? If you want to join the lucky ten, feel free. I'm out. I'm fucking out before she drains more blood off me."

"Who is the pussy now, you ...cunt maybe." shouted Buck behind the leaving man. The only answers were two fingers and no word. -good to know what a weakling he is, fuck him."

"So what's your plan, Buck? How are you going to teach her?"

...there was no answer apart from the noise of scratching heads.