Chapter 13. Indeed, not very lucky.

Before Tiffany took the guitar and began to play she put the figurine from the bar woman on her guitar box for everybody to see it. There was no plan related to it. She just wanted to play with people's curiosity.

She hit the strings, gently and softly at first, then more rhythmic and with more power. When people gathered she put the guitar aside and took the microphone.

"Welcome back, folks. Did you miss me? Thanks, that is nice. And I missed you. What would be a world without nice people? A misery. But thanks to you it is not. Let me once again take a bit of your time. I hope your shift is over and you have some time to spare. I will tell you about prophets and preachers...I know... I know... you may think that I am one of them but I'm different, I am the genuine one. Not like some other.- Tiffany winked to the crowd and the crowd answered with an applause.-I have truly met the Big Guy, the younger one as he was more approachable and relaxed. So what did he tell me? Many things, one day I will write it down for you and publish. Among other clever thoughts he told me this. Beware of false prophets. They come to you with words and leave with your peace of mind. They bring you holy water from their garage tap. The only difference is the price tag. They bring you good news but you can see it's a tale. Sometimes you can't. And you began to think. Maybe he's right. Maybe The Big Guy wants us to do some stuff. To make magic gestures. To be at a certain place at a certain time to kneel, recite poetry, sing. To sacrifice your child on the altar of obedience? Who is the guy wanting you to kill your child?

Who is the guy who offers you a deal, "You worship me and I will give you military support?" Who is the guy telling you to slaughter the other tribe village? To kill every living creature there. Men, women, animals.

Who is the guy blessing your guns? More and more questions. Or maybe I should say, more and more crimes dressed in glory of righteousness. So much about his professional conduct, so to speak. But the point is that after the mobile phone with a camera has been invented, none from above turned up on our planet. No more Big J, Young J. no Big J's wife. They used to visit us from now and then but that glorious time is over. While we are here, do you know that his wife had a husband down here? A carpenter, a noble profession, an extremely patient and understanding guy. And they knew about each other. But... I'm not judging. It's fine with me.

So, since they don't visit us anymore they rely on their personnel. Men and women dressed differently, living besides society, they claim to know the ways of the Lord. They call themselves shepherd or fathers, but they really are masters of deception. They are supposed to live modestly, they don't. They are supposed to be an example of good life, they are anything but that. They are supposed to protect the vulnerable, they abuse them. They defy everything that Young J told us hence they still call themselves his men, how crazy it is? Here is another low point of the system. Some of those holy men and women put on the black clothes because they are good people. Genuine, compassionate, with Young J in their hearts. They are used as a fig leaf by the council of elders. They want to help people and they do. Without publicity, reward, without even thank you. Let their god bless them. Let their god punish the others. Amen." Tiffany got silent and looked at the people. No one moved, no one spoke a word. Heavy silence took over the square. The crowd and the peace preacher were standing gazing at each other. Tiffany did not intend to break the silence. The people had been stunned by her words. Not that she said something new to them, but because she said it aloud, in the town square.

"You will burn, witch." said someone.

"Let your god burn me, good man. Don't take that blood on your hands. It's not what Young J told us." Silence got heavier.

"You will burn, witch." said the same voice as if closer. Someone was pushing through the crowd toward the girl.

"Your god burns me if he wants to. But look I'm still here. No lighting hit me yet." Tiffany said so and noticed that a dark skinned man in the first row stares at the figurine on the guitar box. He was looking at the figurine then on Tiffany as if asking "Who are you?" She put her palm on her chest looking back at him. "I'm an honest person, that's it."