Chapter 17. Back to the rv.

"Rita, I'm glad that you are back, are you? I am afraid I was a bad girlfriend. Something has happened while you weren't around." Tiffany, timid and ashamed told Rita about her date with Jeff. The good girlfriend was listening carefully, still and with a darkened face. When the bad girlfriend ended her story Rita was staring at her for a long meaningful moment, then she began to laugh.

"Stop it, Flower. I'm not jealous. I'm a catkin, not egoistic, selfish, dick obsessed tomcat. I'm happy for you."

"But how? You are supposed to be angry. I would understand it."

"I think...You needed a space... and you miss your old life, maybe not all of it but definitely the fun part." Rita said so and looked at Tiffany.

"You think I'm gonna leave, don't you?" Said Tiffany with sadness in her voice.

"I know you will. You don't belong here. Not in the long term. I will tell you how it's gonna be. Gradually you will lose interest in the dessert, you will find it boring and plain, then you will fight this feeling and you gonna be sad. Then you will leave with a sense of guilt. Maybe with or maybe even without a goodbye."

"You make me sad, Kitty. It sounds so...depressing."

"Sorry, Flower. Actually it's not. It wouldn't be honest to me to keep you here by a sort of emotional blackmail. Also It wouldn't be honest if you stay here for me, neglecting your calls. We are like clouds in the sky. We travel, we meet, we depart. It's just how life is. But who said that we won't meet again?"

"Shut up, silly. I'm not leaving yet."

...

"No, I'm not"

...

"Say no more, Kitty. I have something for you if you dare."- Every cat would stand up his or her ears hearing such words, especially a woman cat. Tiffany ran to the RV and brought a pack. She opened it and spoke tauntingly.

"Here is a gate to another dimension. It's sweet so may not be your favorite but...don't eat if you are afraid."

"Me? Queen of The Desert, afraid? You must have eaten a hairless mole if you say so."

"Will you, then?

"Yes, you?"

"Of course."

...

"Tiffany... meeting again is a part of life, you know it?

"Say no more, Vicky." Said Tiffany quitely and lowered her head.

Rita didn't reply but after a moment, she embraced Tiffany tightly.