Chapter 7

"what happened to him?" Arlo asked Elaine as Sera adjusted John's body to a more comfortable position.

"I-Im not sure. I managed to heal most of his wounds but I'm afraid I used most of my energy already" Arlo nodded and put a hand on her shoulder

"Just rest for now we can take things from here"

Elaine looked away embarrassed and subtlety nodded. "Alright" and with that she walked over to sera.

Arlo sighed and looked around at their surroundings. They had managed to run off to a small abandoned town- probably left by other gifted citizens. The thought made him shiver. To think this old town was once filled with life was unbelievable.

Many of the houses were crumbled and broken. They would be lucky to find a house with a roof and walls still intact. Despite the horrible condition the town was in it made a perfect hiding spot for the remainder of the students.

Arlo climbed on top of the rubble and looked around at the small group of students.

He hadn't managed to protect everyone and had failed in his leadership duties. Not only that but the fact that he had let people close to him injured left him in his own world of self hatred and anxiety.

Arlo ran his hand through his hair and sighed.

Despite his current emotional state he had to move forward and leave those thoughts behind. He cant afford to lose any more people. And with that he began coming up with a plan.

---

"Remi!" Blyke called out in a relieved matter. Remi sat under the shade in a smaller building resting her head against a piece of rubble. "Blyke you're alright!" The two of them met with a hug.

"I was worried something had happened to you" Remi said as she pulled away. Then she placed her hands on his shoulders and began scanning for injuries.

"I'm alright Remi-" Blyke muttered as she finished looking for injuries.

"Well I'm glad that you're alright" she said starting to relax. Suddenly she began looking around.

"Blyke where's Isen?" Blyke shrugged and sat down beside Remi. "I'm not exactly sure. I heard he was with the group of 4th years but I don't know about him now" Blyke said worriedly as he fidgeted with his fingers.

Remi slowly nodded and offered him a seat on a broken piece of concrete. 

"...you know there's a chance we might not see him again" 

Blyke stiffened. 

"My brother once fell behind... he was never found again" Remi said giving a look of despair.

"..."

"I'm sorry"