Alexa meets confusion

Another day.

Alexa felt as if she had no life. Sure, she would go to school and see her friends and go home, but what else? There was no flavor, no spice. But, this week was different, she just knew it. Or, she hoped she knew it.

Alexa was walking with Maya and Riley down the hall. Suddenly, they stopped in their tracks.

"Look at that ninth grade women!" Riley exclaimed "She is putting on makeup! We are gonna be 9th grade women someday!"

"This thing goes to NINTH GRADE?" Alexa yelled. 

"Apparently." said Maya, backing her up.

Riley pointed to an eyelash curler. Alexa never used to care about her looks, until this year. Every day, she wore a braid in her dark, black hair. She almost always wore a purple flannel, for two reasons:

Number one: She owned two so she could wash the other one while going to school and wear the other one the following day.

Number two: Alexa just liked purple.

"It brings out your eyes." Alexa said to Riley.

"I don't wanna take out my eyes!" Riley yelled.

"She is not taking out her eyes!" Maya exclaimed. 

"I think she is!" Riley yelled. The 9th grader turned around.

"It's an eyelash curler." the girl said "It doesn't even hurt."

"I have eyelashes!" Riley grabbed the eyelash curler.

"Watch this." said Maya as she and Alexa walked over to the 9th grader.

Riley let out an odd screech. Everyone turned to her. She quickly realized Riley had no idea how to use it and didn't want to let go. Alexa tried to hold in her laughter as Mr. Matthews approached Riley.

"Open it!" he yelled.

"Thanks daddy." 

"Yeah, ok." he walked away. Riley moved over next to Maya, just in time for Farkle to make his debut. 

"Ladies." he said, flirtatiously. 

"School dance...." he went on about his plans on how he was going to handle being with them all at the dance. 

"None of this is gonna happen." Alexa said to him.

"Then I have one dance with each of you?"

"Sure." said Riley.

"Ha, that's all I wanted. You just got played by Farkle." he said, starting to walk off. "Alexa!"

"Yes Farkle."

"Your my special lady. Come on with me, VIP Farkle pass."

"I'm sorry Farkle I can't right now, I...."

It was too late. Now Farkle and Alexa were running down the hall, and Alexa was as ready as ever to take on the world with this group.

                                                                    ~~~~~~~~

"I have your test results." Mr. Matthews said "And I'm pleased to see some of you have evolved since the last quiz."

"HA" Farkle said.

"Thanks Farkle."

"Well, you were drowning sir."

He handed back our tests. Alexa looked, B. Nothing amazing but just good enough that her parents wouldn't complain. 

"You failed me." said Maya to Mr. Matthews.

"Can we talk about this after class?"

"What's there to talk about?" she said, you failed me.

Alexa as confused but as always she had a strong feeling something was going to go down.