Alexa meets dancing in the rain.

"Now, we will begin the father-daughter dance." 

Alexa freaked out. She grabbed her bag and slowly ran out the door.

"Where are you going?" asked Riley.

"Oh, um, the bathroom. I left my mascara in there."

Riley waved at her as she left. As soon as she knew no one could see her anymore, she sprinted out the gym and ran into the parking lot.

It was pouring outside. Her flannel was soaked. So were her boots. She still had her hair in a tight braid, it hadn't loosened at all. Alexa didn't know what she was thinking, running away from this dance. After all, she had been having fun. She had danced with Farkle, had punch with Maya, laughed with Lucas, sang with Riley. It had been perfect.

Alexa couldn't handle the topic of her dad. He was still here, at her home. He came home after work. But he always came home with a new bottle of whiskey.  And, he didn't care about Alexa. Or Opal. Or any member of his own family. Every other kid had someone picking them up. Even Maya knew how she was getting home. She... had no one caring for her. She wasn't going to make Cory her dad... well not yet. He already had Maya... she didn't think she had time for her.

Alexa untied one of her boots and kicked it off. She kicked it off. She was right behind the school, in the faculty parking lot. It was empty. She finally sat down. Finally letting her hair down. 

I guess I will just stay back here for a while, Alexa thought. It was supposed to be the night of her life... until it became nothing close.

"ALEXA!" 

Alexa turned around quickly, her long hair smacking her in the face. Lucas, Lucas Friar.

"Lucas!" Alexa exclaimed "What are you doing here?"

"I saw you leave." he said, looking into her eyes "Better question, what are you doing here?"

"I... my dad didn't come. He's an alcoholic. The reason we moved was... well, my dad lost his job. He got a new one here... but there is no chance it is going to last. Please don't tell everyone else about my dad. I don't want them... worrying about me. I already butted into their relationship, I don't wanna ruin it too."

"It's ok, Alexa, you can trust me. Remember you can always talk to me." he said, holding his hand out to Alexa, just like in the library. Alexa took the hand again.

Soft music began playing, the start of the father-daughter dance. Alexa frowned. 

"I know I'm not quite as good as your dad Alexa... and I can never replace that. But, for now, would you like this dance?"

Alexa nodded. They were still holding hands. Lucas took of his shoes. After the music finished, Alexa sat down again, looking at the person who left his first ever school dance to dance with some girl he had just met a matter of weeks ago. 

"Thank you, Lucas. That meant a lot. You can go back inside now."

"It's ok. Do you wanna walk home with me?"

"Are you sure? Your gonna get really wet."

"Well... I already am wet. Come on, let's go. I hope you had a good night... I sure did."

"I did Lucas. I really did. Thank you again."

Loyalty was real to Alexa. Real in Lucas. Loyal to everyone. Even those he didn't like. Now, he was even going to bring her home through a rainstorm. 

"Some people are worth melting for."

- Olaf, Frozen 2013.