Ch 1. Meeting

Such a nice day.

"(Y/N)! Get back down here. Class is about to start"

Ah right, that's a thing

"I'm coming down, Riko."

I slowly climb down the small ladder and make my way to Riko.

"Let's go I guess"

We both start walking down from the roof to our classroom.

"Oh come on (Y/N). Just because you're smart and don't like being in class doesn't mean you can skip"

"Yeah I know but it's boring to hear the teacher talk when I already know everything"

"As expected of a star student. Now come on just go take a seat, the teacher's coming soon"

We reached the classroom and I find my way to my seat next to the window in the back. Such a classic. The teacher walks in and automatically lose focus. I stare out the window seeing some students running. Some birds flying. Some trees swaying.

Boring.

— • —

"Alright (Y/N), I'm going to my club. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye!"

"Bye Riko."

I gathered all my things and place them in my bag. I head down the stairs but before I fully get down....

Wait. Somethings not right. Gosh darn, I left my phone.

I walk back up the stairs to my classroom and grab my phone from my table.

Now let's get out of here. I'm already here longer than intended.

I walked back downstairs and wear my shoes. I start leaving just when I hear an unusual sound. I turn and see an orange-haired boy with a blue-haired one playing with a volleyball.

There not in a club, strange. Wait, why am I concerned about that. I should be at home right now, eating. Let's go (Y/N).

Just when I'm about to start leaving again, I see something coming at me in the corner of my eye. Quickly raising my left arm to defend myself, the object deflects.

I look down to see what it is and it's a volleyball. The same one as the boys were playing with.

I look back up to see the two boys running towards me.

"We're really sorry about that. We didn't mean for the ball to come at you, but you were really cool when you defended yourself. You didn't even flinch. How did you do that? Can you teach me? Do you know how to play volley- gah!"

"Boke! Don't ask so many questions at once." The blue-haired guy hit the orange's head.

"Oh no, it's quite alright. I'm actually just good with my reflexes I guess, I don't think I can teach you that and I don't play volleyball." I reply back to his questions.

"You don't play volleyball! The way you blocked the ball was so cool though. You're reflexes seem good enough to play. Why not try out for the volleyball club" The orange enthusiastically says.

"Well I never really thought about it. I don't think I really wanna do a sport and even I don't think I could join at this point."

"I guess that's true. Why don't you come watch the boys volleyball club sometimes."

"Hinata boke! We're not even in the club yet. You can't just invite random people" The blue-haired boy hit the so called Hinata again.

"Oh come one Kageyama. I know we'll get in and even this person isn't someone random. We're friends!"

Friends? We just met.

"Wait Miss, we can be friends right?"

"Oh uh yeah. My name is (L/N) (Y/N) and I am a third year." I bowed down.

"I'm Hinata Shouyo, first year."

"Kageyama Tobin, first year"

"Now we're friends, right (L/N)-san?"

"Yeah"

"Once we get into the volleyball club we'll make sure to invite you again (L/N)-san."

"Of course. I'll come by to watch."

"Maybe you could become a manager if you're interested in the club."

"Let me first come to see you guys and then I'll decide."

"Right"

I look up at the sky and it's a beautiful orange color, just like the boys hair.

"It's getting late now so I should go and you guys should too. Good luck getting in as well."

"Ah yeah, thank you (L/N)-san."

Before turning to leave I say one last thing.

"Also maybe if you bend down a little lower and focus on the position of your arms in then certain angle you want to redirect the ball it would increase your chances of actually hitting the ball up rather than at someone."

"Woahhhhhh! Thank you so much (L/N)-san!"

"No problem. Bye now."

"Bye!"

Both Hinata and Kageyama bow and then wave to me. I wave back and walk away.

I smile a little on the way back home.

Hmm I have something else to look forward to other than my bed now.

~~ • ~~