Ch. 6 Match

They reek of sweat.

"Come on guys. Push harder. Dig for those balls." Keishin yells.

"I see they all are working really hard." I say walking in.

"Yep, they've been at it since walking in here."

"That's good. This should help them improve in the smallest amount. Right now, they are still like the 'fallen crows' but once they start practicing more and train harder they will be able to fly higher than before."

"You really want to see them go to nationals again don't you (Y/N)."

"Of course Keishin. We were at the top because of him. We can't fall just cause he isn't anymore. I'm going to make sure they get there."

"That's very encouraging hearing it from you (Y/N)-chan." Kiyoko said beside me.

"Oh. Thanks Kiyoko. Now let's get this training get started for real."

— • —

"Saltyshima jump higher! Use you whole body when serving Apple Pie! Keep your arms straight and step back Orange!"

"You really like your desserts or food in Taukishima's case, (Y/N)-chan." Kiyoko said.

"I think saying the names of desserts helps me focus on them more."

"Haha, of course it does."

"Come on Blueberry! Don't just think about setting the ball, think about the person you're setting it too as well."

"I see you're really fired up for this." Keishin came standing beside me.

"Of course. Also where's Takeda Sensei? I need to discuss something with him."

"He said he had some-"

"I'm here!" Takeda Sensei came running in.

"Hey Sensei. Did you finish the thing I asked for?"

"Yes. That's what I'm here for actually."

"What's going on?" Daichi came towards us with the whole team following behind him.

"I have arranged a match for you guys against Nekoma! It will take place next week."

"Woah! Another school?! That's so cool Sensei. Thank you!" Hinata yells out.

"No need to thank me. You guys should actually thank (Y/N)-san. She helped me ask their coach, Coach Nekomata"

"Coach Nekomata huh?" Keishin laughs at this a little, but it's not you're normal laugh. It's like an evil one.

"That old man is still a coach? It's gonna be fun going against him."

"Don't get too ahead of yourself Keishin. We still need to improve on our current skills. Though I'm seeing that we don't have too much done."

All the team members looked away a little guiltily.

"*sighs* You all have three days till the match next week. I want to see at least one of your skills to show."

"Of course (L/N)-san. We will do our best." Daichi said bowing down. Everyone else started to bow down next to him.

"Now don't just stand here, get back to practicing."

"Yes ma'am!" They all shouted together and then went back to practicing.

That's new.

"Did not expect that."

"Me neither. They seem to really respect you (Y/N)-chan." Kiyoko said.

"That's good. I won't let them down."