Ch. 7 Lose

Oh god. They need help.

The boys were not holding up against Nekoma's defense too well. For every attack that Karasuni hit, Nekoma would successfully receive it. It was frustrating for them.

I looked over at Keishin and he seemed to be thinking the same thing. He seemed to be struggling to call a time out or not. He looked over at me for confirmation and I nodded. He looked back at the referee and showed the 'time-out' signal. The referee called for a time-out and I could feel coach Nekomata smirking.

I look back at the boys and they seem to be aggravated. The only times they got points was when Nekoma messed up their serving or they got really lucky with their attacks which was only twice. The score now was 19-8.

We need to catch up.

"You all practiced this whole week. There will be a way for you guys to get pass these cats." Keishin said aloud. Even with those words no on looked better, not even Keishin.

I gotta do something quick.

"Hey!" I shouted.

All the boys looked up at me.

"If you're going to sulk then do another time. Right now you all are playing a game against a good team, but that doesn't mean you're going to be sad just because you aren't doing well. Be happy that you even got to play with them. Use this opportunity to learn from them and become stronger and then every time you do go up against them you'll be better than the last."

The boys' moods didn't seem to be doing any better.

Gosh darn it. I made them feel worse.

"You really are full of surprises (L/N)-san." I turn to hear Sugawara.

"That actually got me feeling a bit better." Tanaka started saying.

"Yeah. That felt way better." Nishinoya says next.

I see everyone else smiling and looking better than ever.

"Now then. Go beats those cats." I say.

"Wait Hinata, Kageyama. Come here."

The two first years slowing come to me.

"I know you haven't don't a quick attack yet and the Nekoma players will be surprised by it so Kageyama I want you to throw Hinata a quick attack. Hinata go for it all the way. Show them whose boss." I whispered to the both of them.

I could see Hinata's eyes were shining.

"Really (L/N)-san?! We can do it?!"

"Of course you can. Now go. The referee is looking at us."

"Thank you (L/N)-san." Kageyama bluntly said while walking with a jumping Hinata.

The match resumed again and Kageyama still did not throw Hinata a quick attack. The score was 23-12. He might be waiting for the right moment but he still shouldn't wait too long.

The next thing you know, Kageyama set the ball right at Hinata and Hinata slammed it down. They accomplished their quick attack and the Nekoma team was baffled. On the other hand. Keishin seemed to be looking better as well as the other team members.

This is going to get better.

— • —

This isn't better.

Of course the first set was won by Nekoma. The second was still going. The score was now 14-11, Nekoma being in the lead. The numbers are better than before but somehow it feels like Karasuno might not win this one either.