𝙄 𝘼𝙢 𝘽𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝

The flap to Madison's tent opened, and Clarke peaked inside

The flap to Madison's tent opened, and Clarke peaked inside. She saw the brunette laying on her bed, staring at the ceiling.

'Hey, you okay?' Madison looked at the blonde. 'Clarke, our last remaining families just died. How do you think I feel?' Madison deadpanned.

'Right, dumb question. A group of us is going to check out the crash site. See if we can find anything that would tell us why the ship crashed in the first place.' Madison thought for a second.

'Go there and risk seeing my dad's remains? No thanks.' Clarke winced at the mental picture and nodded. 'Alright then.' she got up, but Madison stopped her.

'Clarke, I'm sorry. About Abby.' the blonde nodded and left, bumping into Bellamy.

'Is she coming?' Clarke shook her head. 'Should I try too?'

'Don't bother. Her mind's made up.' Clarke left and Bellamy followed her reluctantly. He glanced once more at Madison's tent, and signaled for the group to move out.

➶➶➶➶➶ - ➷➷➷➷➷

By nightfall, Madison had came out of her tent. She was standing with Monty watching the woods for the people that left, sipping on some moonshine. They were huddled together next to a wall, when Octavia joined them.

'Hey, no sign of your brother or the others yet.' Monty was holding Madison close to him. 'Hey, I don't care.' She lightly tapped Madison's arm, and the brunette followed her gaze, finding two flowers stuck in a tree, one white and and the other purple and glowing. Lincoln. A small smile rose on her lips.

'Jasper, tell us again, how'd you stay so calm? I would've been terrified.' Madison, Monty and Octavia turned around to see Jasper, surrounded by people, begging him to tell the story of how he saved the day.

'Fear is only a problem if you let it stop you, right?' Octavia turned to Madison. 'That's not even his line. Finn said that.' The girl snorted and took another sip of moonshine.

Jasper continued his story. 'I saw the grounders in the trees. It was like nothing I've ever felt. Pure animal instinct took over. One pull of the trigger, two grounders dead.' Madison squinted.

'Pure animal instinct? More like pure pants-wetting panic.' Octavia nodded.

'You don't know what you're made of until a moment like that, you know, when it's kill or be killed and there's just nothing between you, and the tip of a spear.' People around Jasper were looking at him like some sort of God.

'Okay, this has to stop,' said Octavia and started walking towards the boy, but Monty stopped her. 'Come on, let us have this.' Madison looked at him weird. 'Us?'