Chapter 17: Why Are You Snooping?

          The next morning I woke up and rolled over to find the bed completely lacking a certain consulting detective.  I sighed lightly and smiled to myself.  Typical.   I threw on a pair of pajama shorts, a black tank top, slippers, and Sherlock’s purple button up unbuttoned in order to cover up a bit. Making my way to the living room I was glad I had covered up because I found Sherlock and John joined by both Lestrade and Mrs. Hudson.

          “Morning Sleeping Beauty,” Mrs. Hudson joked half-heartedly while the others stood around the table looking something over.

          “What are they all looking over?  New case?” I asked her.

          Sherlock glanced over his shoulder briefly before answering, “A prominent man in the banking world was kidnapped and I’ve just about figured out where he is…ah yes.”  Without another word, Sherlock ran out of the flat, John and Lestrade following closely behind.  Not soon after Mrs. Hudson followed suit, leaving me alone in 221B. 

          Sherlock had found the missing man and life continued at Baker Street as usual: work, cases, dating Sherlock.  The only difference was that Sherlock and John were now basically celebrities.  It was really weird for me to adjust to and I could tell Sherlock and John both absolutely hated this new fame. 

          One Saturday morning I came out of the bedroom in some of Sherlock’s night clothes only to find both John and Sherlock on their way out.  “Can one of you please tell me what the bloody hell is going on?” 

          “Moriarty is back,” John answered quickly.

          “Hold on a second!” I demanded, grabbing Sherlock’s arm. “Let me throw something on and come with you two.  I’m tired of being left out of the detective stuff.”  Sherlock looked like he was about to protest but I interrupted before he could begin.  “Don’t, Sherlock.  I think I’ve been pretty good about not getting in your way with case stuff but this is different.  This time, with all Moriarty has done, it’s personal.”

          Sherlock thought for a second before nodding slightly.  “Hurry up then, Lils.  We don’t have much time.”  Not even fifteen minutes later I was dressed and ready to go.  Sherlock and I rushed out of the flat, hand in hand, with John following behind. 

          After we had watched the footage of Moriarty stealing the Crown Jewels and leaving the ‘Get SherlJck’ message, Sherlock, John, and I went to get food.  After about twenty minutes of sitting in silence, each of us deep in our own thought, I spoke.  “What are we going to do?” I quietly voiced my concern.

          “Well look at it this way,” John comforted.  “He’s behind bars so we’re safe for now anyways.”

          “Will he be convicted?”

          “They have to, he was caught red-handed,” John assured us both. 

          John and I discussed it for a bit longer before I turned to Sherlock for his opinion. “Sherlock, what do you think about all of this?  Sherlock!”  The man next to me did not answer, but merely tightened the grip he had on my hand slightly.   After paying, we left the restaurant but Sherlock did not accompany John and I back to 221B.  Instead, he mumbled something about having to look into a case and took a cab in the opposite direction.