Epilogue Part 3: Ackerly Michael Holmes

            Eighteen months after Violet was born Lilly gave birth to a baby boy whom she and Sherlock named Ackerly Michael Holmes.  He took after his father in that he was the musician of the family.  Sherlock taught him to play violin and Lilly taught him to sing and play piano all of which he showed a rare aptitude for.  At age ten he came to the two and asked for a guitar and lessons to which they agreed.  At 15 he formed a band with some of his mates and they actually became fairly successful.  Ackerly was the guitarist and lead vocalist for the group.  After double majoring in music and business management in school he became a composer for film and television. 

            When the band made their first officially directed music video (Ackerly was 20) the director was a girl the same age named Catalina Sorin.  She was a communications major who had been in classes with one of his band mates.  The two became friends and after the video was done and released he asked her out on an official date.  The two dated for three years before tying the knot in an outdoor park wedding.  They went on to become a director/composer couple in film and television and had three children of their own.

            Here is a bit of when Lilly was teaching Ackerly piano/singing:

            “But mummy why do I need to learn to sing too?” Ackerly asked me pouting at me with his precious puppy-dog eyes.  That look was definitely something he had inherited from his father.  “I’m already good at the violin and the piano.”

            I smiled encouragingly at him before answering.  “Yes, you are good at those things, but you may be good at singing on top of all that.”

            “How do you know?”

            “Because the same was true with Daddy.  He could play the violin and then when we were teenagers I persuaded him to audition for a local musical.”

            Ackerly looked at me like I had three heads and an extra eye on my forehead.  “And he was good?”

            I nodded and winked down at him.  “He was spectacular and got one of the lead roles.”  This seemed to motivate Ackerly to work harder in his vocal lessons and he never complained about them again.

            Sure enough, when he was seventeen Ackerly made us all proud when he was cast as the Phantom in a local production of Phantom of the Opera.  After the last performance he came up to me and gave me a hug, which may I add, is rare for a proud seventeen year old.  “Thanks Mum.”

            “For what?” I looked down at him in mild confusion.

            “For inspiring me to keep with the singing.”