55

"Daddy, I got so much candy!" Beth exclaimed when she and Shelby returned around 7pm.

"You did?" Puck asked. "Will you share with me and Mama?"

Beth nodded. "Mommy took some."

Puck nodded back as he put Beth's candy bag on the counter and looked at Shelby. "Come in the kitchen and eat. Quinn's setting the table."

Quinn smiled as everyone entered the kitchen. "How was trick-or-treating, B? Did you have fun?"

Beth nodded as she sat down at the table.

"Her friends dressed up as Sleeping Beauty and Snow White." Shelby told Quinn.

"Very cool." Quinn said. "I hope you saved some room for dinner with all that candy."

"Sit." Puck told Quinn as he took the tray of food from her. "I got it."

"You cooked all of it." Quinn pointed out. "I got it. Sit."

"Okay." Puck shrugged as he put the tray down on the table and sat down.

Quinn grabbed the plates from the cabinet and brought them to the table.

Puck began plating the food and passing out the plates. "Alright, everybody. Dig in."

-

After dinner, everyone settled in on the couch. Max was laying on the floor at Quinn's feet while Quinn and Puck curled up on the couch.

Beth sat in between Puck and Shelby, but she kept getting up to sit with Max on the floor.

"Daddy, does Max have any toys?" Beth wondered as she got up.

"Yeah, you wanna run around with him?" Puck asked.

Beth nodded.

Puck got up and walked away, leaving Quinn with Shelby.

"We won't stay late." Shelby promised. "Beth has school tomorrow and I'm sure you're exhausted."

"You two are welcome to stay as long as you want." Quinn replied.

"Thank you." Shelby smiled as Puck returned with Beth on his hip.

"Mama Quinn, can you name the baby Jack?" Beth requested.

"Did Daddy tell you to say that?" Quinn wondered, raising her eyebrow.

"No." Beth said as she squirmed out of Puck's arms.

"Beth has a friend named Jack at school." Shelby clarified.

"Better not be a boyfriend." Puck added as he looked at Shelby.

"Come on, Max." Beth said as she ran off with the dog and the toy.

"You're gonna be in trouble with her." Puck noted.

"Oh, I know." Shelby nodded.

"Well, at least Noah and I prepared you." Quinn added. "Mostly me."

"Yeah." Shelby smiled. "So you two don't have a baby name yet?"

"We're not even done with the nursery yet." Puck replied. "Jake might have to come finish it while we're in the delivery room."