4. 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪

She watched as the scenery passed by; shades of green as they drove by the vineyard, the blue of the clear sky staying still while everything moved

She watched as the scenery passed by; shades of green as they drove by the vineyard, the blue of the clear sky staying still while everything moved. A large estate appeared from the corner of her window as they arrived at her destination. The car came to a slow stop, the car breaks creaking with age. She could hear traditional music playing, and children's laughter in the back of the enormous estate.

'Kristina' was her alias this time. The plan was to play the role of a Russian wife of Anton Sokolova, the campaign manager of Cesare Greco, a Russian politician and the host of the party. Even though Anton couldn't make it due to unforeseen circumstances, Kristina was there to take his place as an apology for not being able to make it to the Russian politician's party.

As she stepped out of the car and began towards the entrance. The gravel crunched under her black heels. Birds chirped from the trees and cicadas buzzing somewhere in the background. When she wasn't paying attention, she thought she saw something blue scurry up the building in the corner of her eye. She looked up at the roof but she saw nothing. Great, now she's hallucinating. It must have been the drugs she accidentally snorted when she sprinkled them in 'her husband's' drink.

A man in a suit walked towards her and asked for her identification. She handed him her I.D.. "Mrs. Sokolova?" the man asked in Italian. She nodded in confirmation. "Walk straight and turn right. There, you will find Mr. Greco, Davide, and Dimitri," her attention was caught on the last name as the man directed her. He placed the I.D. back in her hands.

Walking down the hallway, she wanted to scour and look for a nice and quiet room, so she took a detour and climbed up the stairs. Her heels clicked, echoing, as she stepped on the marble steps. As she looked into a random room, she noticed a wardrobe wide open. She curiously took a peek at its contents and grimaced at the lack of taste of whoever owned these pieces, feeling sorry for whoever wears it.

Admiring the decorated room, she sat down on a silky throw. She laid down on the bouncy bed and waved her arms up and down as if she was making a snow angel. She revelled in the softness before she stood up to take a quick look at the photos on a desk. As she walked towards the desk, her foot accidentally bumped into a heavy suitcase. Seeing it almost tip over, she scrambled to set it back upright.

Suddenly, she felt a presence behind and heard them clear their throat. It was the man from earlier. "Sorry, it seemed as if I made the wrong turn," she said in Italian and smiled an apology. He somehow bought the excuse and escorted her out to the party.

As she admired the view, a small body collided with her long legs. She was surprised at how easy it was to find one of her targets, but she didn't let the emotion escape on her face.

She bent down to match the boy's height. "You must be Davide," she said with a fake warm smile. The little boy looked startled for a moment and was about to open his mouth to ask how this stranger knew his name, but his friends called him away right on time. The boy looked back at her and she held up a finger to her lips, indicating him to be quiet.