7. 𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙡𝙞𝙣

WAHHH!

WAHHH!

An infant from behind Niya's seat wailed loudly, a woman tried to silence him with her useless shushing. The irritating thing continued to wail on and on. This is what she gets for flying commercial.

As if things couldn't get any worse, her nose was awfully dried out from the lack of moisture in the air of the airplane. When she rubbed the side of her irritated nose she felt an abrupt stab of pain in her left nostril. A short moment later she felt something trickling down her nose and her curious fingers reached up to touch the liquid. She stared for a moment at the crimson red liquid on her fingertips and groaned a little too loud, causing a couple sitting next to her to shoot her a judgmental stare.

The ear-piercing wails continued as she pulled her mini tissue pack out of her Birkin bag.

She messily rolled the tissue into a cylinder shape and plugged in up her bleeding nostril and then leaned forward. She tried to get some shut-eye before they landed but she started to regret not bringing her headphones.

As the child didn't cease its cries, she unplugged herself from the seatbelts and turned her head to place her face in between the seats. She whisper-yelled at the brat to look at her for a second, catching his attention as she had planned. She quickly pulled out her phone, searched up some images, showed it to him while the mother was unaware, and watched in satisfaction as the brat's tear stricken face changed into a traumatized expression.

This is just one of the reasons why she doesn't ever want to raise small children. If a zombie apocalypse were to occur, why is it that the good adults have to die just to save the obnoxious child that is too dumb to function? A cry from a child can ruin everyone's survival so why sacrifice a whole group just for one kid? If she were in a zombie apocalypse she would have thrown the brat to the pack of zombies to distract them while she escaped. She may be selfish but she is smarter than those dumb adults who sacrifice themselves for their bratty children.

She turned back in her original position and stretched her cramped leg muscles. She could finally relax in her seat and she closed her heavy eyelids, but as soon as she fell into a blissful state of mind she felt a kick from behind her.

WAHHH!

She repeatedly banged her forehand on the plane's window.

✧ ✧ ✧

As soon as her plane landed in London, Niya walked straight to the women's bathroom. She walked to the first stall, briefly looked in with a face of disgust, and moved on to the other stall.

In the fifth stall, she pulled off her blue top and jeans, leaving her in her white laced underwear. She fished out her flight attendant attire. She pulled over her white blouse and pulled up her navy blue shirt. She tucked in the blouse under her skirt and pulled on a navy blue coat with a crest of an airline sewed on near her left breast. To top everything off she wrapped a white scarf around her neck, ultimately completing the look.