8. 𝙣𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙖

The two ex-employees at MI5 stood outside of Bill's funeral service

The two ex-employees at MI5 stood outside of Bill's funeral service. Eve was staring in the distance, mentally and physically drained. She couldn't stay in the funeral home any longer trying to pretend to go along with Frank's tone death eulogy. She had to bear witness to her longtime friend getting brutally stabbed by the two girls amid oblivious club dancers and such, it hurt when Frank delivered that speech that delivered no sentimental value for a man who sacrificed himself for her.

Eve could remember the electronic dance song that was playing when she was there. It was loud and deafening to her ears. She watched helplessly as his mouth opened in shock as he was repeatedly stabbed in the chest. His desperate pleas of help drowned in the sea of blaring music. Eve felt something wet drop on her hands, prompting her to touch it, realizing it was her tears that were tracking down her face.

She was fortunately dragged out of the painful memories. If she cried anymore today "So what do you want to do now?" Elena softly asked, glancing over to Eve's solemn face.

Eve turned and faced her companion, looking straight in Elena's eyes. "I want to kill them. With my bare hands," she declared with determination in her eyes.

"We'll get them," Elena agreed, smiling to Eve assuringly.

Eve tried to smile back but she could only muster up a weak half-smile before staring blankly in the distance again. Elena rubbed Eve's back reassuringly and took her leave, leaving Eve with her thoughts.

Her thoughts went back to that fateful night in the club. She recognized the blonde-haired assassin as the woman who pretended to be a nurse when Eve was in the hospital trying to protect a crucial witness. When she saw the other girl, the one with dark hair, it took time until everything pieced together. She had encountered the girl once in the hospital where the assassin was a strawberry blonde and when she was a flight attendant in Eve's plane to Berlin.

Eve's grip tightened on the railing as she remembered how close she was to the women who killed Bill. She was right next to them but she was so oblivious to even notice! She was the one who could've prevented Bill's death. This was her fault and she is going to fix it even if it kills her.

Once she arrived home with Niko, the couple spotted Eve's missing suitcase and a medium-sized blue and white gift box beside it.

✧ ✧ ✧

Niya's next mission was located in Russia's most notorious prison. She was not excited to come back to her homeland. Her memories could come rushing back and for the first time in her career, she feels afraid. She's afraid that her memories would come back to haunt her and it will affect the outcome of this important mission. She was not interested in staying in hell in the next few days.

Her handler, Mikhail, had warned her that this was a life or death mission. If she doesn't complete it, he will send someone to prison to end her life as a result of her failure.