Chapter 9

I arrived at the camp and was greeted with a very unprofessional looking Jellal. He was lying on the ground mumbling food every two or so seconds. Almost immediately, he sensed my presence and shouted, "Food bringer! Do you have the foods?!"

"Hehe..." I laughed nervously, "The thing is, I couldn't find him so..."

"B-But..." His eyes began to water, "The food..."

"We have food... right?" I asked nervously.

"We do?"

"I don't know you're the one who packed everything up." I answered accusingly.

"I did?" Jellal asked comically.

"Yeaaah,"

"Oh..."

He seemed like another person when he was hungry so I gave up on trying to speak with him and headed to one of the magical tent thingies that Jellal had set up. During a time when he wasn't hungry.

"Where do you think you're going?" He questioned.

"To sleep..." I said sheepishly.

"Just because you know erza doesn't mean you can interfere with my food and get away with it unscathed." Jellal said with an evil glint in his eyes.

"Hehehe..." I smiled nervously at the blueberry beast beside me.

《 。。。。。。。。。。。。。》

"Can I stop now?" I barely panted.

"Not until the sun comes up." Jellal smiled evilly.

As punishment and a training exercise of sorts, I was to do push-ups at a consistent pace until the sun came up. I had been doing push-ups for a few hours already and was barely continuing.

An hour or eternity (I couldn't tell the difference at the time) later, the sun came up and I was told I could stop. I collapsed onto the ground, tired physically and mentally.

"Now, rest." Jellal said as his expression softened into a smile. It didn't seem like a happy smile, more like a proud smile. 

"Gladly," I said and smiled back before I fell asleep.

~ a few hours later ~

I awoke to the smell of food. Actual food, I assumed. "Food." I state and haul myself off the ground (which I had apparently slept on).

I hear laughter from two familiar voices. Rin and Jellal. "Before you make fun of me, I only had a few hours of sleep. And I want food." I said, still half asleep.

"Like that's an excuse." Jellal says while eating.

"It is... in my mind," I said as I made my way to the smell of the food.

...

1235792938361940916 years later and I have updated. Sorry.