Chapter 10

After my first day of training, Jellal had become quite serious while Rin had become... stand off-ish. Every chance he had he'd try to one up Jellal, leaving the poor blueberry confused and irritated. Not a good combination. At least, not for me...

When Rin would get annoyed with Jellal, he would give Jellal nasty tasting food. When Jellal got nasty tasting food, I got continuous work outs. That did not stop. For hours. And hours. And hours. It was... continuous...

Not to mention, the fact that they both complained about each other to me was getting on my nerves. Rin didn't stay with us all day (since he had cram school), but I was with Jellal all day. I learned a lot about him.

I learned that he hated blueberries, peanut butter, worms, teal curtains, and brown doors.  Not to mention, Rin's presence.

"He reminds me of teal curtains in a house infested with worms bribed by peanut butter with all brown doors." Jellal grumbled.

"Thinking about Rin? That's cute," I teased as he continued to go on and on about Rin relating to things he disliked. He was making me do sit ups, and was sitting next to me, making sure I didn't cheat (like I normally do when he wasn't looking). Who enjoys doing more than ten sit ups?

"What would be cute is you planking for 2 hours straight," Jellal tried to sound threatening, but blushed after he he realized what he'd said. Though, I was blushing right away.

"You are very dumb for someone so smart," I said, facing away from Jellal until the heat in my cheeks subsided.

"Cryptic," He responded as he began to lean back and look at the sky. "You see that ugly gray cloud?" He asked me.

I stopped doing sit ups and looked up at the cloud he mentioned. Was he going to say something deep and meaningful. "Yeah," I said, wondering what he was going to say.

"It's ugliness..." He started dramatically, "Reminds me of Rin." He finished bluntly.

I sighed in frustration and continued my workout. That was so deep and meaningful. I rolled my eyes at my own thoughts. How did this guy trick the judges of the Grand Magic Games?

...

While waiting for lunch (and taking a break), Jellal and I talked. Even more. We were laying next to each other, talking about the clouds and other dumb things.

"That cloud," I said, pointing at a puffy white cloud, "Was me before I learned magic, and that one," I pointed at the gray 'Rin' cloud, "Is me now."

"That doesn't make sense; magic is beautiful, Rin is ugly." Jellal said without blinking an eye.

"Hey!" I slapped his chest lightly with my arm, "Don't say that about people, okay?"

"Eh," He responded, hopefully joking. "But, seriously, magic isn't something that makes you sad unless you use it that way; there is no way in hell- no offense -" Jellal caught himself, "That magic is at fault. Honestly, it would have been you or your friends."

"Out of those options..." I thought, "I'd say it was me. I only started feeling upset because my magic couldn't compete like the rest of everyone else's..."

"Not your magic," Jellal started, "But-"

"Me. I know, but I don't know how else to put it." I cut him off.

"Sure..." He trailed off.

"Your goddess has arrived!" A sudden cheer erupted. Rin was here with lunch. So much for cram school.