Chapter 3

Cinder woke up finding Iko going through her stuff.

"What are you doing Iko?"

"I'm just picking out what you're going to wear today in the conference."

"Oh right! I completely forgot about that." groaned Cinder.

"That's exactly why I'm here, to keep you on track," replied Iko. "And for picking your wardrobe."

Cinder grimaced, "Ok let's get going before we get into any of your fashion lectures."

Iko tossed Cinder a dress and did her hair into a fancy ponytail. There was a knock on the door and CInder said, "Come in!" not knowing who it was.

Kai opened the double doors and walked into Cinder's room. He stared at Cinder and observed every part of her and got wrapped in his fantasies until someone shook him hard and he heard his name being called.

"Kai..."

"Oh yes," he said as he snapped out of his fantasies.

Cinder asked, "Where did you get lost?"

"I was just thinking-"

"-about?"

"I was thinking about how beautiful you look" Kai confessed awkwardly.

"Ummm thanks." Cinder replied with an eye roll.

Cinder walked towards the window and stared down at the gate of the palace. Her mind started rewinding to a year ago when there were protests of Levana staying on Earth in front of the palace.

Kai walked towards her genuinely and asked, "Are you ready?"

"Can you remind me why we're doing this again?"

"We're doing this so the people of the Commonwealth could know you better."

"You think people will know me better by just giving a speech." Cinder mocked.

"It's not only a speech. The speech isn't even necessary."

"The thing that matters is the Queen of Luna interacting with the people of the Commonwealth."

Cinder snorted. "Seriously that's what this is all about."

"It's about you making a good impression in front of the people," he replied with a glare.

"They already hate me for all the crimes I committed. A little kindness and humor won't change the people I murdered."

"Oh stars Cinder, can you stop thinking like that and think a little bit practically," Kai said with a serious look. He took her metal hand between both his hands and said. "This is your first time on Earth ever since you became queen. The people need to see that Lunars and Earthens can co-exist. They also need to see that unlike what Levana wanted, you want good for Earth."

"But still-"

"Hmm, you know what I see. I see that you're nervous about being in front of the people '' Kai cut her off.

"How do you know?' Cinder asked curiously.

Kai shrugged, "It was just a hunch." putting a hand on her back. 

"I don't get why you're so nervous, it's not like you've never met these people. They are the same people you used to see in the market every day. The same people who you saw at last times Annual Ball."

"I guess you're right." Cinder said, straightening her posture. "It's time for me to meet these people again," she gulped.

"Okay, so are you ready then?"

"Yes" replied Cinder confidently. 

"Let's go." They intertwined hands and Kai led Cinder out of her room and towards the palace grounds.

~book_x_nerd