~7~

Remus Lupin was the only reason why most survived.
Remus Lupin heard the death eaters walk in.
Remus Lupin saw the death eaters try and hurt his friends.

It all happened in a flash of light
Literally.
One of the death eaters shot the killing curse at the marauders (+ Lily and Ella), and it just barely missed them,  causing a small explosion. There were curses being fired and jets of all colors of light flying around, destroying tables, couches, and walls.
Remus was the one that saw Peter's dark mark. I took everything in him to not do something he'd regret, but managed to keep himself collected as he stunned a death eater trying to attack Sirius And James, then threw his keys at them. "go!" He yelled, pushing the two out the door if you would even call it that anymore.
Not long after James and Sirius were out, Lily had run out too, then the death eaters left, along with Peter.
"ill modify the memories and repair things," Remus said, looking around the apartment, which was now 3 rooms in one, the muggles in the other rooms looking confused.
"no, I'll help," Lily said.
So together, they fixed what was destroyed.

---

Ella was dead.
She got killed by the death eaters.
The death hit Lily the hardest. She was the closest to Ella, and it was as if part of her had been taken away when she found out Ella had died.
Ella was the person that lived above Remus and Lily's place. She was a muggle. Didn't even know what happened.
"Greyback did it " Remus whispered. "Greyback was there, and he tried to kill one of you guys and the curse missed us by a few inches and i thought it just destroyed a wall...." Remus sighed sadly "I'm going to my room...."

---

"Greyback isn't even a death eater why was he there?" Remus was pacing in his room, staring at his feet. He could help but feel like it was his fault that Ella was dead.
Remus looked at the wall, watching the fairy lights twinkle. The photos were clipped on with mini clothespins, and there were still tons to put I picture on them. 
How was Remus supposed to live on the happy memories if there was so much bad stuff happening? There was a war going on! People were dying every day!
Out of nowhere, Remus felt angry.
He felt so much hatred for death eaters- and to think Peter, someone he trusted was one. He was horrified.
Without thinking, Remus pulled the wall of lights and pictures down, the lights flickering out and some of the pictures fall off the string of lights.
The lights and pictures were all tangled now, and the room was much darker than it was before.
The lights on the other walls twinkled, making the pictures have a yellow tint to them.
That's when Remus broke.
He started crying silently, throwing the jumble of lights and memories against the wall, not caring if it seemed loud to the person next door.
That's when Remus decided something.
He was going to change everything about his room.
There were no good memories left anyways, and no good ones to make. 

---

Remus changed everything. He put black fabric over the walls, using magic to smooth out the fabric to the wall looked black.
He tore down all the fairy lights, throwing them into a box and shoving it under his bed.
There was a black sheet hanging from the ceiling to hide his bed from view, and the only source of light was a lamp in the far corner of the room.
All of Remus' art things were packed away, hidden behind old jumpers.
In another corner of the room was a huge beanbag chair, and it was red, the only thing that wasn't black in the room.
The room was completely different.
It was like someone new moved in.
The room used to be a bright, memory fulled place.
But now it was a dark, almost scary place.
Just like the outside world.

---

James and Sirius ended up spending the night.
James slept and the couch, and Sirius said hed sleep on the floor, but Lily, being the little matchmaker she is, volunteered the beanbag chair in Remus' room.
"Remus what did you do to your room!??" Lily practically screamed when she saw what Remus had done.
"changed it." Remus said plainly,  setting down his phone next to him on his bed, pushing the 'curtain' in front of his bed to the side.
"What did it used to look like?" James and Sirius asked, looking around at the darkness or Remus' room.
"it had fairy lights where the wall and ceiling meet and a photo wall over there- Remus why are there photos in the trash?" Lily had seen the trashcan which had pictures with Peter in them in it.
"peter is a traitor. He's a death eater" Remus said plainly.
"o-oh...." lily said, looking down at her feet.
"well, where's this beanbag Lily says you have?" Sirius asked, breaking the silence and forcing a smile.
"what?" Remus asked, looking at Sirius then Lily
"oh... I volunteered your bean bag chair for Sirius to sleep on tonight." Lily said, looking at Remus, who didn't say anything, just pointed to the corner the beanbag chair was in.
"id recommend for you guys to stay in here~," James said, winking at Lily and pulling her out of the room, then closing the door.
"well I guess James is gonna get it today," Sirius said, smirking and going over to the beanbag chair, pulling it away from the wall some, then looking up at Remus, who was grabbing headphones. "soooooooo why'd you change your room?"
"I don't want to talk about that right now Remus said blandly, putting on the headphones then letting down the 'curtain' which blocked him from Sirius' view.

---

Remus(3:50am):⭕⭕⭕⭕
Sirius(3:50am):??
Remus (3:51 am): sorry that was ment for lily
Remus(3:51am) : just ignore it
Sirius(3:52 am): are you ok? I can hear you gasping or whatever
Remus(3:52 am): yeah I'm ok just go back to bwd
Remus(3:52am):bed*
Sirius (3:53 am): your have a panic attack aren't you
Remus (3:54 am): I'm fine Siriu s

---
Sirius shook his head and set his phone down. Remus wasn't ok, and he knew just what he needed.
Without a second thought, Sirius turned into his animagus form and jumped onto Remus' bed, comforting him until they both fell asleep.