Chapter 8: Alkahestry and Fight Club

(Y/N), Ryuko and Mako were all hanging out in the open field near (Y/N)'s house. He was creating two copies of the circle he made yesterday. After creating both, he went over to one and put his hand in the center and the circle began to glow. At the other one, a mini statue of a buff man with a mustache was made.

(Y/N): This is Alkahestry. The main points you need to know about it are one, it's mainly medical based which makes it my default for healing. Two, instead of the tectonic plates giving it power, it's our internal energy and the life energy that flows through everything, aka chi. And three, it can be much more long range, but only if I set up the pentagrams. I had to go to another country for a year to be able to master it the way I do now. It was also when I was able to pick up my ability to sense people and things.

Ryuko: That's a lot to take in.

(Y/N): You're telling me. As an Alkahistrist and an Alchemist, it's a lot. There is one last thing I'll teach you about one of these days. Today isn't that day.

(Timeskip)

(Y/N), Ryuko and Mako get into fights with other clubs as the days go by. Right now they were sitting in the courtyard, about to eat their lunch. As they started eating, a knife flew into Ryuko's food.

Jack: Shing! Ryuko Matoi! (Y/N) (L/N)! Jack Naito, president of the Knife Throwing club will take you down.

An explosion appeared from under him and Ryuko cut his uniform. Seconds later two more club presidents meet the same fate.

(Y/N): I think that's nine club presidents today.

Ryuko: A Knife Throwing club, Nanjing Lily club and a Tightrope walking club? What's the deal with all these super specific clubs?

Mako: Oh, those guys used to be the Acrobatics club. They split up because of you guys.

Ryuko: Because of us?

(Y/N): I heard that if someone takes just one of us down, they will be promoted to a Three-Star. The best way to do that is to be a Two-Star as it's the strongest aside from Three-Star and a kamui.

Mako: More stars mean a better life. They're all desperate.

Ryuko: Man, this academy's system is seriously messed up. Actually... that gives me an idea.

(Y/N): I don't like where this is going.

(Mini timeskip)

Ryuko sets up a chair in the middle of the school yard and sits down. (Y/N) facepalms himself and Mako holds up a sign that says "Fight Club" on it. Gamagoori stands in front of them.

(Y/N): I hate this already.

Gamagoori: What are you playing at, Matoi?

Ryuko: You have eyes don't you? I'm starting a Fight Club.

Gamagoori: Quit trying to screw with us.

Ryuko: You're the ones who are screwing with me! You're forcing students to start stupid clubs to go after me and (Y/N). So I'm going to do the same. Say hello to Fight Club president Ryuko Matoi!

Gamagoori: Do you really think that a club like this is going to be approved?

On cue, Satsuki's light appeared to show that Satsuki was on the large tower. (Y/N) puts on his sunglasses.

Satsuki: I'll approve of this club.

(Y/N): Is that light really necessary?

Satsuki: Are you trying to integrate into my system, Matoi?

Ryuko: Moron! I'm gonna bring your precious system down around your ears!

Satsuki: Try your best not to let it get the better of you.

She then takes a quick glance at (Y/N) before walking off back into the tower.

Ryuko: Just you watch. I'm going to make you spill the beans in no time!

Gamagoori: Very well, let's begin the paperwork.

Plenty of One-Star students appear behind Gamagoori. Each and every one of them holding a rather large stack of paper.

Gamagoori: Matoi! I assume you will be the president of Fight Club, then? Or will it be (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Let it be known that I will have nothing to do with this. Good luck Ryuko and see ya.

With that (Y/N) left. Ryuko passed the title of club president on to Mako as soon as she saw how much paperwork she had to do. Afterwards Ryuko and Mako went on to challenge other clubs. After a week of fighting, Mako's family went up to a one star rank. Since the club's inception Ryuko and Mako have seen (Y/N) less and less. After a bit of time, they would only see him in some of their classes. One night (Y/N) was sitting on top of one of the grand walls, just looking out into the night sky. Someone came up and sat next to him.

(Y/N): Beautiful view huh, Satsuki?

Satsuki: Indeed. I can see why you come up here so often.

(Y/N): It's truly peaceful. Let's cut to the chase here. I know you wouldn't come up and talk to me unless you wanted to know something or wanted to challenge me to a fight. Which is it?

Satsuki: I merely wish to know why you aren't helping Matoi with her fight club. You and her seem to be good friends.

(Y/N): I have another job I'm worrying about.

He then reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a silver pocket watch. He handed it to Satsuki.

(Y/N): This is to show that I'm a state alchemist in my home country

(Y/N): This is to show that I'm a state alchemist in my home country. A dog of the military as I'm called from time to time. But I don't care. My country, my people, they are fantastic. I'm already part of one important organization that was corrupt at one point. I wish not to be a part of another.

Satsuki: Corrupt?

(Y/N): It's a long story, but that's the reason why. Plus, I'd rather not leave the home I have now. It's pretty much identical to the one in my country.

Satsuki handed the watch back, got up and started walking away.

Satsuki: This conversation has been enlightening. Goodbye, (Y/N) (L/N).

(Y/N): See ya.

Chapter 8 End