Chapter 45: Recuirtment

11th January, 2017

Khonsu wasn't looking forward to go with his crush's love and lover/ betrayer . It was a complicated situation. But then again so was starting a war to win all realms. He just hoped that all his efforts don't go in vain. After all they are planning , thinking so much only to win and he would not accept anything other than Nine Realms now.

Anubis on other hand was quite eager to see how recuirtment will turn out. The way Khonsu stopped him and used time against him was really fascinating. He looked forward to knowing him better. It was also nice to see Osiris doing all work of dead soul being ferried and him enjoying outside. He had quite missed this.

"I hope you have quite a time recuirting them." Set said and both sighed walking away from palace .
It was hot and dry today. And both had been walking in sands for quiet a while speaking nothing.

"I am getting bored. Don't you have anything to share?" Anubis finally groaned.

"Certainly not betrayal techniques." He mumbled.

"What was that?" He asked not hearing it.

"Nothing! Just saying what to say?" Khonsu replied.

"Oh! Well! We have quite a long way . I am sure you will think of something." He chuckled to which Khonsu smiled forcibly.

There was a house in sight. Anubis quick ran and knocked on the door.

"Yes! Could I help you?"  A guy in his late teens wearing earphones (listening to Rihanna) came out.

"You are being granted the opportunity to serve the Gods of Egypt and help them conquer Nine Realms." He stated

"Yeah! I will pass. Stay off your weed , next time bro." He turned to close the door but Anubis stopped him.

"What do you think you are doing?" He looked at him angrily.

"Showing you." He turned to his original form of jackal head and half human . The guy kept looking, his eyes fixed and dropped his phone which brought him back to reality.

"Oh damn! It was my latest Redmi note X..." He trailed off seeing that he had got bigger problems to deal with.

"Oh right! Well listen jackal face! I don't know that what kind of magic or trick you are playing? But I would like you to leave now." He grumbled. Anubis started to draw out his spear but Khonsu stopped him.

"Let me try" He told him and then beamed at guy with earphones.

"Are you interested in earning quick money?" He grinned.

"Now that is really cool, dude. See! And you were doing who knows what with your face " He chuckled as Anubis exhaled . Soon both had gone in different streets and collected many people.

"I think we have 300 now." Anubis said.

"Yeah! It is still a wonder no police station or something is not concerned about 300 people walking together but then again I have heard protests are normal." Khonsu smirked.

"How did you know money will convince them?" He asked puzzled.

"There are three things driving these mortals. Money, love and power . They don't want love that desperate as power . But they want money fast and knows that no one can just give them power but a chance to earn money; that is not so uncommon. Unlike most gods , I have lived many years among mortals and learnt that." He told him and he looked impressed.

"Of course! Power drives you." Khonsu shrugged.

"And what makes you say that?" Anubis asked looking at him.

"Well! We all have quite good amount of money and love.  Except you . You had a chance with love but you betrayed her so it is obvious you are power hungry ." Khonsu bluntly stated.

"What would you have done in my place ? Would you not betray your love if it supports and promises good of your Realm?" He questioned.

"No! I won't. Because we all have a chance at power one day or some but love doesn't come easily. It just finds you once or if you are lucky twice in life. If you can't stand up for love, truest and pure feeling that anyone can have, what can you stand for? You would betray the Realm one day just as easily you betrayed your love." He finished and Anubis looked shocked. He couldn't figure out what to say .

He had never been spoken like that .

"Well! I will never betray my Realm. I can assure you of that but one thing that do concerns me is why are you so obsessed with me betraying her unless you love her .." He trailed off glaring at him.

"So what if I did or do?" He chimed.

"I am just wondering if you will betray us for her one day." Anubis smirked.

"No! Because she didn't love me or returned it. She did to you so you betrayed her but I won't because I never let her into that hellhole." He scowled and started walking briskly.

"You can run! That is what you have done all your life , Khonsu. That is why even when you think so much about petty goddess and all , you have been always alone." He yelled at him

All of sudden, Khonsu was gripping Anubis 's neck.

"Don't call her that ever again." He glared so fiercely that he nodded.

Time skip
"Wow! I am impressed that you were able to bring 300 mortal into recuirtment so quickly." Set chuckled.

"It was piece of cake." Anubis grinned nervously.

"Totally." Khonsu agreed nervously.

"Well! So when are we getting paid?" A guy yelled.

"Just about now " Set laughed looking at Isis as she quickly spread her magic and they were under command of Set.

"What is the command, Your Grace?" All asked kneeling before him.

"Go to the fighting ring. Your training begans now." He smiled as they went away.

Set couldn't wait for Poseidon to come. He was more than eager to send world in a war where he was already sure that their win was destined and inevitable.

Amicis vale! Keep thy self posted for next chapter.