Chapter 46: War of Mediterranean

Hello endearing homosapiens! Now is the time we plunge into first glance of war we are going to see and witness in forecoming days. Some war may be highly effective and leave a impact on the situation or some that were not so important as deemed to be. I have not been in enough wars. To be frank, not even in one since I am just born in 21st century, but I will try to describe as much as I could about wars I have seen in my visions.

There was uncanny silence. Like it shouldn't exist and yet it did.  The occasional splashing of waves of water on beaches were only sight greeting Set as he was waiting for Poseidon to come.

He was here with Horus and around 20 soldiers. Set wasn't fond of waiting. (Feels ya bro . I waited whole day outside Principal's office one day )

"How much longer ?" He growled impatient thudding his pitchfork.

"He will be soon here. Thoth's information is rarely wrong." Horus assured him.

"Well you hope so. Coz I am getting tired of waiting for so long." Set looked warily.

All of sudden, there was a disturbance in the sea. Like something big was coming.

"Better get ready." Set gestured and all flanked their spears in attacking position.

Water nymphs were sailing on the high tides. There was a calm and sunny environment . The weather was so beautiful that all mortals who were basking on the beach were pleased.

Seeing Set , Horus and other soldiers was a surprising sight to be least. They were just thinking that it was some sort of cosplay.

If only they knew how wrong they were . All of sudden Poseidon came with his beard and trident. He was happy until...until he saw them .

"Attack." Set yelled and quickly armies marched towards lord of sea.

"You dare send mortals to fight a god." Poseidon grunted.

"You won't be god for long." Set chuckled as he saw them about to stick their spears in Poseidon's rib.

Poseidon quickly jumped on other side and then moved rapidly creating an enormous sea tide which washed them ashore just as he directed at them . They blinked their eyes as water got in them and once again tried to stand up and this time Poseidon hit them quickly with even larger wave .

All the mortals on the beach were screaming and were desperate to escape from this godly war.

"Ah! Useless pest." Set looked at lying mortals and looked at Horus to go to fight.

Horus jumped with his sword and Poseidon stopped it with his trident. Metal clanged against metal producing spark being applied by force so great on both side that it seems like it would break anytime.

"You are gonna lose." Poseidon told Horus.

"We will see about that." He summoned his bird form and struck Poseidon in his arm with his wings and landed on his feet.

"Nice one!" Set grinned.

"Let's see how you feel about this." Poseidon yelled and struck his trident in the heart of Mediterranean sea making the whole sea and ships fall as it rose into air and quickly squashed Horus.

Horus tried to wriggle to come out but  the force of sea held him strongly. He turned back to his normal human form and gasped. This was even more painful. You feel like you are dying but being immortal, you can't die and you just continue struggling for breath continuously.

"Kids today. Someone did say it right. If you want something, you gotta do it yourself." Set summoned all the sand that was lying on beach and started to fill the sea with it. Poseidon confronted by new enemy stopped applying force and Horus came up ready to stab him

"No!" Set stopped him

"What are you talking about?" Horus asked puzzled.

"I don't want anyone saying that match was unfair." He told Horus and he went back.

"So let's see what you got, Graceus." Set glared at him as Poseidon looked warily. Both gods jumped towards each other. Set with his pitchfork and Poseidon with his trident.

Both eyes staring at each other. Red desert eyes looks at blue ocean eyes fill with thrill to pump water into sand and ocean blue eyes with wrath and resolve to erase sand deep into his waters.

"Who do you think would win?" Khonsu chimed as he stopped the time and saw them advancing towards teach other.

"Did you just stop them to comment?" Horus asked not believing his ears.

"Fine! I was just testing if my time power can work on Set in any way." He sighed resuming time.

Three hooks of pitchfork strikes the trident , producing a wave . As they continue pressing on each other , sea continues to rise up and so does sand .

Blue storm and yellow storm quickly surrounds them and the vision of what is happening inside is completely blocked to Horus and Khonsu.

"So what is the plan? Two bloody immortals fighting till last one's strength is completely sapped." Poseidon scoffed seeing as no one was gaining on each other.

"I am just not god of desert, puny Greek." He chuckled and all of sudden the waters began to move uncontrollably.

"What is happening?" Poseidon looked shocked.

"Welcome to Chaos." Set chuckled as the water waves sometimes shot up , or sometimes hit the ground hard.

"You are forgetting one thing." Poseidon grinned at him.

"Oh really! What is that?" Set asked gaining on Poseidon.

"I am the Earth shaker." He yelled and his cheeks turned white as he applied a force large enough to produce a sensation in earth. Set couldn't figure out what it was until the ground broke faster than he could grasp and he started falling into the core of earth along with water.

"Bye Bye Set! I hope you get roasted nicely by anger of Primordial Gaia." Poseidon chuckled as Set fell into the mantle of Earth,his bone melting, skull , everything turning to ash scattered into billion parts.

Amicis vale! Keep thy self posted for next chapter.