Chapter 54: Plans fail! Daniel.They always do

Hi! Interesting title.Maybe or maybe not. I thought it was interesting though. Ah! Silly me.

"So you say that your name is Daniel Chase." Set smirked walking down the steps.

"Yes"

"And how did you get past my guards?" He asked him.

"I didn't. I just teleported here by .. magic." Daniel grinned.

"Don't listen to him. He is ghost. I killed him with my own spear." Anubis called out to Set as he was approaching towards him. He touched Daniel and found him to be real.

"Well! You obviously don't know how to kill though Coz it looks pretty alive to me." Set chuckled. Anubis fell silent at the comment.

"So tell me, Daniel. Why would you come back to a place where a god supposedly killed you last time?" Set asked him.

"Well! It is true that he killed me but then it made me more powerful. For what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I tried to offer my help to other gods but they didn't want it . I heard that you take both mortals and gods in your army and thought this place might just be it where I can actually practice my magic." Daniel replied exhaling.

"Hmm" Set looked thinkingly at him. He wasn't exactly providing any baseless reason and they could use all the men they could get plus he is eager to help them to get to hell.

"What do you think, council?" Set asked looking at them. All except Anubis voted for him to stay.

"Looks like it is decided. So how exactly do you plan to get us hell?" Set sighed.

"Since you blew up Tuvalu. Yes! I know you guys blew it. There is only other outpost to hell from where we could go. And wait for the best part.." Daniel stopped.

"I don't wanna wait for it." Set admitted.

"Neither do we." Thoth shrugged.

"Fine! Even Lilith has no idea of it." He smiled.

"Stop smiling! Where is it?" Horus asked.

"You guys are no fun. It is in Germany. Well! Northern Hamburg to be exact."  Daniel sighed.

"Good! What is the plan now?" Thoth fired again.

"We collect the army ,go there , sneak in, hit them with tranquilizer guns so as to make less sound , surround Lilith and take hell." He shrugged.

"You are great at knowledge but really sucks at planning." Thoth chuckled.

"What? It just requires this much plan. What more is there to think of?" He asked.

"Oh no!" Set facepalmed himself and everyone started doing that except Thoth who closed his eyes.

"Look what you have done." Isis sighed looking at Daniel.

"What more is there to think? Who could ever say that? There is always something to think. Possibilities are infinite or in this case 25,677 at each step . Where would we get tranquilizer guns? How do we get it to Germany? How will our army go to Germany? Where would we get mortal money since we spent last of it on bar and drinks? How would we explain that Egyptians coin are so amass that I need pawn shops to buy them all coz we need their money? How do we know that Lilith won't know about door and kill us with hellfire the moment we enter? No matter what. How can you say that what more is there to think?" Thoth finished fuming. Daniel kept looking at him.

"Never mind." He sighed.

"Thoth! Don't you worry about sneaking army? We would get it done some way . " Isis assured him looking at Khonsu.

"And Me and you kid are gonna figure how to get tanquilizers. Anubis, you will be our inside guy? " Set told him.

"And that means?" He asked puzzled.

"Oh right! You will go right away in hell disguised as demon and then come back few minutes before we arrive at gate and tell what is the situation to us. I am sure Daniel can teleport you to gates now." Set stated. Anubis looked warily at Daniel who grinned nervously.

"Come on! Meeting is over. We got a hell to take." Set chimed and started walking away.

Outside gates of hell, Hamburg, Germany

"Trust me kid! You may think you are fooling all but not me. I know exactly why you are here. You are with Greeks, aren't you?" Anubis glared at him

"I don't fight for anyone. I fight for justice and unlike you I won't betray it." He grunted.

"You think you are doing good. You think that Greeks are better than us and we are taking over other realms wrongfully." Anubis looked up.

"Aren't you?" He doubted.

"Yes! Because that is exactly how world works, kid. Empires are built to topple , fall, replaced by a better one. A stronger one. No one can have it for eternity." He growled.

"Maybe! Maybe not. But it doesn't matter what I think. It doesn't matter if you think that I am not on your side. You are commanded to go to hell and report tomorrow and there is nothing you can say or do to change that . Good luck Anubis. I have heard that they don't take arrival of unwanted guests kindly." Daniel smirked and went away teleporting back to throne room where no one was there now.

"I don't really feel confident with plan of others you know." Thoth's voice wavered as Daniel smiled sighing.

"It is understandable that you think that you could have made better plan . But I promise you that this plan won't fail..." Daniel began.

"Plans fail! They always do. Success of plan is always a really low ratio. But my doubt is not about your plan. It is about you. And I would know if a plan failed or was made to fail, Daniel. " Thoth glared going away as he gasped.

Amicis vale! Keep thy self posted for next chapter.